How many live in Florida?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lindy2, Feb 26, 2006.

1. Lindy2

Lindy2 New Member

Just wondering how does the climate in Florida affect your Fibro? Right now I live in a cold and windy climate and I ache all the time. I know that Florida is not warm all year but it's got to be better than this...LOL

Is hot better than cold?

Thanks for any input.
    Lindy
    [This Message was Edited on 02/27/2006]
  2. Lindy2

Lindy2 New Member

3. Lindy2

Lindy2 New Member

Hoping for some replies

Lindy
  4. pawprints

pawprints New Member

but I'm stuck in Florida because of our business.

A little cool air perks me up a bit.

One thing...I do feel better when we go to the ocean. We can't afford to live on it but get there on weekends during the summer.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I live in SW FL and it's beautiful all year round, except for those pesky hurricanes, but I digress...

I feel better in the heat and humidity. Right now, we are having what is cool weather for us; it's in the 70's. Usually, this time of year, it's in the low 80's. In the summertime, we get six straight months of low 90's during the day and low 70's during the night. It rains for a short time almost every afternoon. Like everyplace else, though, our weather patterns are changing.

There is no perfect place for all of us. One person's paradise is another's hell.

Love, Mikie
  6. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

About 17,000,000 according to what I read.
  7. Betty325062000

Betty325062000 New Member

I have lived "all over", cold, hot, windy, dry, wet, but since my bones have added the years they have I don't think I would ever want to leave FL again. The last 2 years hurricanes have messed up the state from one end to the other but I will take that over blizzards. I doubt that I could even move in really cold conditions.

I like FL
    BVan (Betty)
  8. marw

marw New Member

...but I have never lived there. I went down several times a year for a few weeks, even in August, until I could no longer afford it! In fact August, when it is very, very hot was one of my favorite times. I love hot, steamy weather, and my Fibro goes away (mostly)during this weather. I don't like Florida as much in the winter, but I was in the central part....Daytona Beach....and it gets chilly (for me) there in winter!

(THIS from someone who lives in Chicago?) Or maybe that's why I like it so much in Florida. (Smile.)

Margaret
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Depending on the Jet Stream, the north part of the state can catch the cold weather fronts which move in from the west. Down where I am, these fronts usually miss us. I think that's why I feel better down here. We are actually in the subtropics. Once in a while a dip in the Jet Stream will cause us to catch some cooler weather but our climate is pretty stable. When we do catch one of the cold fronts, I can feel it in my body. I don't think it's the cold or heat so much as it is drastic pressure changes. When hurricanes cause such low pressure, the body reacts.

For the most part, we have six months of hot dry (for us) weather and six months of hotter, more humid weather with daily showers. Before I got sick, I played golf out in the summer heat and I enjoyed it. It takes about a year to acclimate.

CO is a beautiful state with a lot of sunshine but it is subject to one cold front after another. This time of year, everything is dead and dry except in the mountains. Strep throat, sinusitis, asthma, bronchitis, and pneumonia are rampant. I was so sick there every year and would come down here for Spring Break. I felt so well here that I decided to move. I'm so glad I did. It's not for everyone, though.

Love, Mikie
  10. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

i know a lot of people love florida, but i'm on the official record more than once as not being a fan myself. when i got sick, i moved to florida from california to stay with my mom. my acupuncturist agrees it's not the best environment for me as i tend to have a damp disposition and the humidity's really hard to shake here, even during the colder months. not to mention the constant temp and barometer changes, and "spring time" allergies that start in january. i don't plan on being here any longer than i have to.

eddie
  11. Lindy2

Lindy2 New Member

Right now we live in Indiana near the Ohio state line and to us the cold weather feels like it's causing our bones to ache constantly.

We have already discussed moving and have decided to give it a try but we're still a little nervous because of the heat. The area we want to be in is near Tampa.

Again, thanks for your help!
    Lindy
  12. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I live in NW Florida...and it can get cool at night...warm up in day. I lived almost 20 years in Chicago. I have to say that I don't think that I could function in the real cold, ice, etc. anymore.

My oldest son is in Air Force. He is has lived in Tampa....and LOVED it! They are headed back there. His home was really close to senior community.

There was a whole community of retirees. He said they really enjoy living there........most are retired from up north...so you probably would have alot in common with many in Tampa area.

Mari
  13. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I apologize!!!

I just looked at your bio.

I had you mixed up with another person on here that was a senior!

I still think that you would like Tampa. My DIL is from Chicago... and she told me that Tampa is her favorite place to live.
    Go online and check it out. It has alot to offer.

mari
    [This Message was Edited on 02/28/2006]
  14. Lindy2

Lindy2 New Member

LOL...I actually love being around the elderly and love helping them in anyway I can.

We love to watch the Home & Garden Channel and just recently we saw a program that was filmed in Tampa and it looked amazing. We have been through the edge of Tampa but that was before we thought we were moving.

I think the weather there shouldn't be to hot but anything is better than cold winds & snow...LOL.

Thanks for giving me some information on Tampa.

Lindy
  15. achy

achy New Member

But I have lived all over the state. At least in the panhandle it's a bit cooler and less humid than down south.

Then again, the cold fronts get me. I can tell ya the weather for the next two days just by how my body feels.

I don't think there is a perfect place to live....

warm fuzzies
    achy
  16. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

I am a couple miles north of Clearwater. In a cute little town called New Port Richey.
    Moved down here 6 yrs ago from Philly.
    I miss Philly, but love FLA.
    Cindy