How many more days of rain/snow can I take?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Apr 14, 2012.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

It is spring when the flowers bloom and the birdies sing not rain and two feet of snow in the mountians. But this is Utah I am talking about. We get all sorts of strange weather and this pasta winter was one of the strangest ones. NOt much snow and then when we should have been getting warmer we got colder.Then came rain that ran over the roads and flooded parts of Utah.

Now this past weekend we have had lots of high winds and rain and even snow in our mountians.

All this change in weather is not doing me any good, I have had headaches, and more body aches, and the pain is so bad that I really want to cry. But that would just leave me with a stuffy nose and a headache. My legs ache, back hips, bones, fingers , wrist you name it I hurt there.

There is nothing I can do about it to help ease my pain. I have had more stress's lately, I changed pharmacy's and ever since January I have had nothing but problems with this pharmacy. Every month some script is not right and they have to call the doctors office to get it right, or they don't have enough in stock so I have to call the doctor in less than 10 days and get another written script and hope that the pharmacy has it in by then. If not then I will have to try another pharmacy to see if they have the right amount.

I am getting so sick of this. The first month the cost was not so bad but now that they have figured out that two of the five meds are a tier 3 they cost me the max $44.00, thankfully the one they didn't have a full 30 days of is one that costs $6.00. But still that is $6.00 I don't have . I have a strict budget and can't afford to pay for scripts twice.

I don't know what to do. We are going to move in the next 6 months or sooner depeneding on the cost of fuel. That alone is a huge stressor for me. Scream! Why can't things be normal and why can't the darn pharmacy have my meds when I need them why is it me that they always have problems with getting the scripts filled? The more I think about it I want to cry and yell at them to do some thing about it but they won't accept the blame, it is the doctor who didn't send the fax to us. Yet when I called the doctor , the staff told me that they had sent it and had recieved a comfermation notice that it had been recieved. So why is it that the pharmist can't find it?

The stress is only making my aches worse and the weather is getting to me fast. I am so sick of it all. I want it all to stop now.! I know that it won't but I have reached the point where I can take this BS any more. I went to see my doctor and get told that I have stablized but when I asked what that meant I got no answer, So I have no clue what to do next.

I am wondering if the fibro Sleep here can be taken with Mscontin, Hydromophone, visteril, xanax, soma. because if they can I want to try it and see if it will help me to sleep and get the rest I need.

I can't take this any more I am so cold and it is over 70 degree's in the house and I am freezing. I think I am going to get in a hot bath and try to relax and ease this muscle pain and tension.

Wish me luck.
    HUGS to all
  2. Allen

Allen Member

Sadly, the constant changes in weather are a universal horror for all of us Fibro folks. Some times it makes me so crazy, that I too can't stand it any more.
    We just have to do the best we can.
  3. Saoirse3

Saoirse3 Member

A famous quote from Wiley Post, that is funny and true. We are seeing our first patches of grass, the sidewalks are back and there is no more ice on the road! I drove right by a friend's house yesterday, because I didn't recognize it without all the snow! But alas, the changing temps make my body like a barometer and my joints ached so much yesterday. But I found something that helped me and think it may help you too, that is if you like it. TEA! I discovered a tea lovers heaven in a store called "Teavana". They are online too and have some of the most wonderful teas I have ever had. And you can mix and match them to your liking. They aren't cheap, but if you're careful, you can afford it. I use the white ayurvedic chai in the morning. That gives me lots of good energy and there isn't any caffeine. In the evening, there is a delightful dreamy time blend that is not only wonderful to the smell, but puts me in a nice, relaxed mood. And then there is Matcha - a green tea, antioxidant powdered tea that you can make lattes, shakes, smoothies, sprinkle on food - the list is endless! Yo can even put it in a soup or stew. But relaxing with a cup of tea is a moment for me, a little treat when I feel achy, tired and the weather won't cooperate.

I know moving is a high-stress issue. We're getting ready to move from Alaska to Georgia, and my daughter and 2 grandchildren will be moving in with us. And I need to get 4 parrots and 3 cats across the country, as well as our stuff, and then furnish a house for 5 people. What I do is keep a notebook and tackle things in small doses. I set a realistic goal for each day. If I can do more, I do. If I can't reach my set goal, I break it down further. 100 pennies make a dollar, but so do 20 nickels, 10 dimes and 4 quarters! Sometimes I can only do a pennies worth, some days I can go all the way to a quarter. Don't beat yourself up if you can't get to a dollar in a day. You'll get there!

As for the pharmacy issue, I have the same thing sometimes. I had a frank talk with the pharmacist at mine and said, "Okay, THIS is what I need. How can WE best accomplish this? When do you put your orders in and when can I reasonably expect you to have what I need?" Once I had that info, I went to my doctor and said "Okay, here is what the pharmacy said. I need to have THESE prescriptions on THESE days, and it takes THIS long to fill them. How long do you or your staff need to get the prescriptions to the pharmacy so we can accomplish this?" You have to remember these people work for YOU, not the other way around! YOU are paying THEM! Without patients, doctors don't have their jaguars and swimming pools. Their kids don't get into those private schools. They NEED us! (My sincere apologies if I offend any doctors out there, but quite frankly, other than clinic doctors in third world countries I haven't met a pennyless doctor with a large private practice yet).

And you have us - a wonderful group of people who care about each other and about YOU! I really hope you feel much better this week!

Soft hugs,
  4. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

Thank you all for your thoughts and all the great things you have shared with me. I want to share some thing with you all. Last Saturday night my hubby and I baby sat our 19 month old grandson Spencer. He is full of more energy than should be possiable. But the moment he came in the house and his mommy put him down and said Spencer where's Grandma and he ran into my arms and climbed up on my lap. I fed his mac and cheese, apple slice's and pear chunks, he loves my red mug of ice water and drank most of it and played with the spout on it.

He would get down and play with my phone , the answering machine he kept hitting the button that says "You have no new message's" over and over again. He loves to push the buttons on the house phone. Turns the comptuer on after I have shut if off.
    My hubby tried to get him to play with grandpa but Spencer didn't want to. Unless of course Grandpa was going outside. Most of the night he sat on my lap watching his movie and was such a happy sweet baby. I loved every moment of it. When his mommy walked in the door it was good bye grandma, he gave me kiss's {while holding on to his mommy} He waved bye bye and then he was gone. But it was such a great night I would do it again.

Today his mom called and said that she was in town and did I want to go to lunch with them. I did and went into Logan, and met her at my mom's where Spencer ran up to me and said up up{ his hands were pushing upwards on his legs he wsa trying to sign} WE got lunch and went to my other daughters work and went into the break room and ate, Alicia my oldlest daughter picked up Spencer and tried to get him to let her hold him. but he didn't want to. I held out my hands and he wanted to come to nanna asap. It was a quick visit and lots of fun. It made my day to get to play with my grandson. {Spencer is one of 5 grandsons and 2 granddaughters. ages are from 14 yrs to the three youngest grandkids who were all born with in 5 months of each other. Mason is 22 months. Spencer is 19 months and Maddison is 18 1/2 months.}

I hurt alot by the time I got home but it was worth it to see how happy my grandson is to see me. The girls and I are getting along better as long as I don't menotion not stopping all my meds and not sounding so out of it when they call me. It has been really hard for me but I am trying to not think of how rotten I feel and do some thing for some one else. I have been going in to town and helping my 84 yr old Mom to the doctors and uptown .
    Life with fibro really bites but I am not going to let it get me down today. That is my new motto, I am not going to let it get to me today as I can only do one hour , one day at a time.
    Bless you all for listening to me rant and rave on at time.