how many need prayer for lifting of depression?

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by luvumore, Sep 27, 2004.

1. luvumore

luvumore New Member

please pray for me
  2. luvumore

luvumore New Member

Thank you so much for praying for me. I dont really have any reason to be depressed. I have everything i want and need. I do struggle with the normal life issues. husband, kids, sick mom, but God has me wanting for nothing else. I have a beautiful home, 4 kids that are great, asa matter a fact they are all in the gifted programs at school for the exceptionally high iq,s. Im so proud. financially I,m ok. Its like well now you have all this great stuff but you cant enjoy it because you are depressed. I wish I was poor, and not havethis dreadful feeling of saddness all the time,
    Its a mixture of saddness and anxiety. Im on a new med effexor i lost 23 pounds on it which is great but its not working otherwise. I will ask doc to change the dose or the med itself.
    Rebing I miss you too. You guys in thedepression board are great. When i feel really down its hard for me to even come in to chat, I will come in assoon asI feel better.
    Sarah , Dix thanks for praying and I,ll talk to u soon.
    Love you guysxxxxxxxxxx God bless Dani
  3. mom_2_1

mom_2_1 New Member

I also need prayer for lifting depression. I'm a regular on the depression board and chat area. It's really been getting the best of me lately, even with the depression meds.
  4. greatgran

greatgran Member

I too suffer anxiety/depression and
    agoraphobia..

I have tried meds, counseling,etc.
    This disease is taking over my life
    and that of my family..I know God is
    my only answer..

Please pray for me as I am to the point of being non functional..I just feel I can't go on like this much longer.

Each of you will be in my prayers.
    Thank you and God Bless,
    greatgran
  5. luvumore

luvumore New Member

hi sweety,
    I hope your doing well. I,m praying for you that this awfull affliction we have will leave us and never rear it;s ugly head again. Pleasedon,t let it win. I go through it and I think only people that suffer this beast can really understand. Please pray for me too.
    keep strong !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    love u lots xxxxxxxxxxxx Danielle
  6. luvumore

luvumore New Member

Of course I remember you. I cried as I read your post. I can feel what you are going through as I go through it also. It is a daily struggle. Greatgran i think we r such good people. I would do anything to help anyone. Im so gentle and patient. I think I,m a kind person, so why do we have to suffer like this. What lesson is God trying to bring forward. I know some of the meanest, truely hateful people and they never suffer this. I dont understand why I do. It angers me but I hope God sees fit to help us soon. Im sick of meds. They dont work very well. I miss the person I was. Greatgran please be strong, we will be strong for each other ok? I will pray for you and everyone afflicted with depp and anxiety. I hope to talk to u soon.
    love u lots xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Danielle
  7. luvumore

luvumore New Member

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR PRAYERS XXXXXX dANI
  8. s-rose

s-rose New Member

Here's my prayer to all who are depressed and please include me in yours.

It's taken me a long time to admit I am depressed. I find myself crying all the time anymore and I very rarely leave my house.

Lets all rebuke this darkness that has entered our lives.

Love and prayers,
    Susie Rose
  9. luvumore

luvumore New Member

I pray all that are depressed will know again how beautiful
    life can be. I miss that so much.
  10. alkcamel

alkcamel New Member

please pray for me i have beed a little depressed lately with worrying about my brother and i will be praying for all of you as well.

amber
  11. luvumore

luvumore New Member

Amber my prayers are with you. Hope everything turns out ok.
    love Dani
  12. readalot

readalot New Member

Things are really hard on me now. I feel really depressed and alone. Still waiting for things to look up. It is a nice to receive something uplifting from someone. My phone is quiet. Guess I can call it my internet line. lol.

I will be praying for you too. It is a hard illness to deal with.

May God bless you all, and keep you.

readalot
  13. dash

dash New Member

Your prayer requests touched my heart. First, I'd like to remind you that even the great man of God, King David suffered from depression. You cannot read Psalms without realizing that many times he was filled with this anguish, sadnesses and sense of isolation.

In the New Testament, in Second Corinthian's Paul admits to being depressed, and then explains that God comforts the depressed.

In Psalm 94: 17-19, David wrote:

17 If the LORD had not been my help, My soul would soon have dwelt in {the abode of} silence.
    18 If I should say, "My foot has slipped," Thy lovingkindness, O LORD, will hold me up.
    19 When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Thy consolations delight my soul.
    (NAS)

God's help with depression comes from many sources-relationship with Him, the comfort and support of other people, and the knowledge and skill of doctors are some of those ways.

I am interceding for you that God will bless you with all the avenues avaiable for His comfort, and that you all be released from your depression.

Love in Christ,
    Della

14. luvumore

luvumore New Member

Thank you Della.
    It really is devestating to havedepression. It is so hard to shake, I have everything i ever wanted and still am sadand always anxious. Its as if I have some kind of spell on me , you know what I mean? I pray for all of us that have to go through this insidious disease. Thanks for your prayers Della. You are in mine also.
    xxx Danielle
  15. luvumore

luvumore New Member

Readalot I will remember you in my prayers. Please keep strong and remember that you are not the disease. You are a wonderfull human being that will one day be happy again. I have this wish for me also. They tell medepression isan illness just like diabetes or high blood pressure etc.
    I take meds and they seem to help a little but I really miss my old self. If you want to talk I,m always here for you.
    xxxxxx Danielle
  16. alkcamel

alkcamel New Member

thanks for praying for me and i will be praying for you too.

amber
    [This Message was Edited on 10/05/2004]
  17. hotfoot

hotfoot New Member

I NEED PRAYER FOR DEPRESSION TODAY I HURT AND WAS TO TIRED FOR BIBLE STUDY TODAY,MY DIVORCE IS SO SLOW,WE LIVE TOGETHER BUT IT HURTS BECAUSE HE DOESN'T WANT THE MARRIAGE .SO MUCH CONFUSION ON WHAT TO DO NEXT REALITY OF SITUATION EMOTIONALLY AND FIANICALLY IS SINKING IN FIRST TIME I COULD CRY SCINSE FINDING OUT AUG.23I SOMEHOW COULDN'T FEEL BEFORE MAYBE IT PART OF THE PROCESSING THE WHOLE THING.-THANK-YOU ALL FOR YOUR LOVE AND CONCERN!!HOTFOOT
  18. luvumore

luvumore New Member

bumping this
  19. patchmama

patchmama New Member

luvumore
    I was delivered of depression and I pray the same for all of you who are suffering this disease.
    And yes it is a disease. I thought I was alone in my suffering. The Lord revealed people in the Bible who were depressed. Of course there was Job. I was led to do a study on Job. I was continually looking to the Lord for help as I know all of you are.
    Then there was Elijah. Then there was Naomi. She was very depressed and told them to call her Raca (spelling).
    Then the Lord revealed to me that it was the disease of depression that caused Jesus to say "My God my God why hath thou forsaken me?"
    When Jesus died on the cross he took all the diseases of the world upon himself. One of those diseases was depression. Depression makes us feel separated from God. We are not separated from God we only FEEL separated from God. We can't trust our feelings we have to trust in the Word.
    Keep looking to God. I know He can deliver each and every one of you. I am praying that it will be soon. It took me 7 years to get through it.

Love in Christ
    Eunice
  20. luvumore

luvumore New Member

hi Eunice.
    Im so glad you are finally cured. Did this happen
    with or without meds? Please can u let me knowwhat helped you? Ive been suffering with it 11 years. Its the worst disease anyonecan have. It robs you of any sort of life.
    I hope I too will overcome this devestating disease.
    thanks for listening.
    xxx Dani