How many of us have gone through this?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Alyssa-Admin, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Alyssa-Admin

Alyssa-Admin Active Member

2. loto

loto Member

I am the queen of not making plans in my family. I can't even plan something as simple as cooking supper. I hate that my family has to be missing out on the smallest things because of my fibro. Its not fair to them. I only hope that they TRY to understand how difficult it is for me.
  3. Pepper21

Pepper21 Member

I missed five weddings in the last two years because I cannot promise family members that I will be there to eat the meal that they've paid for, and I don't want them resenting the fact that they could of invited someone else if the hall that they've hire for the after do, has a number limit on it.

Also, my friends did stop asking me if I wanted to go out with them, often telling me what a great time they'd had the day after, or avoiding telling me that they'd gone out in order to excuse them from inviting me. They know I'm not well, they have seen me unable to do what they do, but they don't know what it's like to have this condition, I've had uncles call me lazy, I've had immediate family members tell me fibromyalgia doesn't exist. I have asked friends to please invite me, because that day I may feel well enough to go, but it's a hit and miss thing. Thankfully, I have a wonderful partner who suffers this condition to who I love spending time with and who I don't have to explain myself to, he has a great sense of humour when it comes to those who don't understand, or even want to understand this condition.