How many of us look forward to gng to bed at night to escape pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kriket, Sep 30, 2009.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

The best part of my day is when I get to take my meds and lay down and leavethe world behind. I am usually hurting and want to sleep so desperately. After taking my night time pills, I feel so blessed to have a few hrs. of sleep and no pain. It's sad when we all look forward to gng to bed insteas of getting up and facing the pain and fatigue every morn.
  2. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I also look forward to sleep...I wish I slept better at night, but I can't wait for bedtime none the less:)

3. greatgran

greatgran Member

Thought I was the only one.. I dread mornings but look forward to bedtime even though I don't sleep worth a darn. Guess its my escape . Oh, how I can remember my get up and go of the mornings. Yesterday I was in bed most of the day but its not like the bedtime escape. I am not in that much pain just the body aches, flu feelings and plain ole exhaustion.

God Bless,
  4. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

Though I usually only get about 4-5 hours of real sleep. I dread mornings that I wake up in pain at 4:30-6:00 in so much pain or I get one to sleep in only to wake up to severe pain.
  5. SwatWife525

SwatWife525 New Member

How I love my sleep! I just wish I could find a way to forget the pain while I'm awake!

Praying for you all!
  6. s8vdbygr8ce

s8vdbygr8ce New Member

who loved bed time.and dreaded mornings.Wow it is good to know i not alone in that area.

7. kriket

kriket New Member

I can relate to each and everyone of you that replied. I stay in my bed most of the time, but like someone else mentioned, it is not a pleasant experience. I am either aching, hurting, or just severely fatiged. I deal with fibro. and epstein barr virus both and the EBV is enough to make you wanna pull your hair out from the bodyaches and fatigue.

I usually sleep about 6-8 hrs a night, if I am lucky. My sleep patters are never the same. I never know what one night is gna be like to the next.

Nevertheless, I am glad to be able to sleep for a few hrs. for this is the only time my mind stops and I usually feel no pain for awhile and can have a break from it all.

8. MsE

MsE New Member

Not necessarily because of pain, though sometimes that is part of it. I have CFS and it is an emotional relief when bedtime comes because then I feel like I'm like everyone else--tired 'cause it's bedtime. Yeah. I know. I'm not kidding anyone--not even myself. But bedtime IS an emotional relief as well as a physical one.
  9. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

i love, love, love bedtime even though I am awake most of the night. I watch movies on my laptop, read, pay bills, write letters....i am bedbound most of the time but at night, I am off duty. My children are sleeping, the dogs don't need to go out, my disabled daughter is settled and after I turn her once, she usually doesn't need me until morning. I love being no longer on call to my family. It hurts to get up and help them during the day. I drag myself to the laundry room to crank out load after load. The phone doesnt' ring and no one comes to the is really hard to parent with this disablility.
  10. isiselixir

isiselixir New Member

I totally agree with MsE about the emotional relief!!!
  11. italiano

italiano New Member

You took the words from my mouth. I could not believe when i saw the post. it jumped out at me. Sad but true. 10pm is my limit. i can't stand the pain any longer. Just want to shut off the lights and the pain. So nice to know someone out there thinks the same way. Quite a life we lead.

gentle hugs to you.