How Many Of Us...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by Mikie, Aug 19, 2013.

1. IanH

IanH Active Member

While I am no fan of H2O2 it will not get past your stomach and you will burp O2.
    H2O2 is a normal metabolite in your cells produced as a result of ATP production, normally dealt with by reducing agents such as glutathione. There is no way in hell that H2O2 taken orally will get to your cells, except maybe the odd cells in the stomach lining.

Why on earth would anyone want to take H2O2???
  2. FibroJune

FibroJune Member

Excellent information Abdulrahman, thanks.
  3. Darrae

Darrae Member

Abdulrahman,

Thanks for the herbal tips. I will give the grapefruit, garlic, and goldenseal a try. I was really leary of the food grade peroxide. It just struck me as too unnatural. Didn't seem healthy. I used to take garlic caps, but they gave me indigestion. Now I just buy fresh garlic cloves and put them in almost everything I cook. I love the taste of fresh garlic when used in dietary form. I know fresh is best, and I likely lose some benefit through the cooking process, but it's what I can handle. I am going to refill all my homeopathics again soon. I will try upping the termeric and the ginger root dosages. I think I've been on them long enough now that my system will not feel over loaded. I did, indeed, purchase a pound of raw honey from the apiarist at work. The honey is produced within 2 miles of my home. This should help with some of my allergies. It will also help with digestive difficulties, (IBS), has antibiotic properties, and a host of other health advantages. The perfect food. My bottle was from his spring/summer harvest which is great for me, as I am allergic to ragweed and other spring/summer blooming plants. I got my friend David a bottle from him this week from his fall harvest. Much darker in color due to what the bees are bringing back from whatever is in bloom. Different taste too. In that David is allergic to pig weed this is perfect for him as pig weed is a fall blooming weed.

Darrae
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm off to Denver in Dec. but MJ won't be available for recreational use until after the first of the year. DD says you can go into the dispensary and see a "doc" who will give you a red medical card so you can buy it. She said if I told him I have FMS, he would put that dx on the card; it's that easy. They sell it already baked in brownies. I could not smoke anymore, especially when obtaining the full benefits of MJ require dragging the smoke deep down in the lungs and holding it there. I can just picture the dogs at the airport swarming my luggage :)

Love, Mikie
  5. kakumbus

kakumbus Member

I would, I was a smoker before getting CFS, but smoking gives me bad intestinal cramps and spasms.
  6. nah.stacey

nah.stacey Member

It doesn't need to go through the lungs to be effective. Doz, I also am a Utahn and ACTIVE. However, I have also had Fibro/CFS for ten years along with failed back syndrome after back surgery in 2007 coupled with arthritis in my sacroiliac joint. Two years ago I was ready to pack it in, begging God to bring my home. Through the love and faith of my husband, I detoxed off of all the noxious drugs I was taking. Ambien, Oxycodone, Lyrica, and a couple more all in high doses. I had been on them for years and yet the pain was still there. By the sheer Grace of my Savior I am still here. I still take Tramadol and lots and lots of Tylenol. But I am still here.
    One day when my pain was soo intense I was ready to drive to the nearest freeway overpass and make use of the nice drop over the edge, I was introduced to MJ via a capsule with coconut oil as its base. I have to tell you it saved my life. It took care of the pain, the anxiety, AND the sleep issue. HHHHMMMMMM can it be all that bad? I don't take it often, nor do I take very much, just enough to knock the worst of the pain back to a manageable level.
    Just because a medicine is prescribed by a medical doctor, doesn't mean it is right or not dangerous. I never want to get into the opiate cycle again, tramadol is plenty most of the time. I WILL NOT TAKE THE STRONG OPIATES AGAIN. I know it sounds like I am trading one evil for another, but I can't think that staying in that kind of pain is good for ones heart, and if I go to an ER for the pain, they will either A) think I am drug seeking, B) put me on an anti-depressant (after all "depression hurts", JERKS) or C) pat my head, send me to another pain Dr. and try to put me back on an opiate.
    I have no real life outside of my immediate family, but to have a life I would have to go on the heavy drugs again, and I just can't go there. For the occasional pain cycle breaker, MJ is a lifesaver.
    Hope Utah gets on board soon, medical MJ is so much less dangerous than all the opiates out there.
    Wishing you well,
    Nah
    bct likes this.
  7. kakumbus

kakumbus Member

I don't understand when people try to defend themselves when taking marijuana, always end up saying how they only take it for pain and in moderation.

Rather from a legal or illegal source, if it works for you then great, I only wish I could still have it, it's the only thing that really gives me emotional relief from all this boredom of feeling ill all day in bed and starving to death. I can't have it because it just makes all my intestinal issues 5 time worse.
  8. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

I went for 10 long miserable years believing my thyroid was sluggish, I was about 51. I've told my story many times here and finally got on Armour in 2002 which is after I hit the fibro wall with an emotional trauma...had my thryoid been supported MAYBE I would not have hit that wall.... that was in 1999.

Read some of my story in the Quachwatch post I just did today.

That "normal" dx people are given daily is horrible, I was given it for 10+ long years....

Find a doc who will listen and try some thyroid support if you are NOT on support by now....forget the so called normal numbers, we are NOT numbers.....we have many symptoms and most are thyroid symptoms too.

www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/fibromyalgia/‎

I have no desire to "smoke" MJ but would use it topically....I did try some lozenges and they really did nothing and cost me a lot.. and I don't want to bulk up on brownies......

Here is a lot more informative info and exchanges from people....

hypothyroidmom.com/thyroid-hormone-the-most-overlooked-t...‎
  9. jaminhealth

Dar, I believe you take Lodine...can you tell me a little about it...it's an anti inflammatory right? I ended up with an ulcer years ago from a pharma anti inflammatory, so my concern with these drugs. I take 4 advil per day AM and PM....

On the MM, I don't want to smoke anything, and to buy other forms is very expensive FOR ME....I bought some lozenges and they did nadda...... jam
  10. jaminhealth

I would NOT discount H202 therapy of one degree or another.....millions give pharma drugs so much credence, I'm not one of them.,
  11. Darrae

Darrae Member

Jam,

The Lodine XL is an anti-inflammatory of the NSAID family. My dose is 400 mg twice daily. It's supposed to be prescribed for arthritis. Honestly it helps me minimally. Like spitting in the Grand Canyon. It's also wrecked the enamel on my teeth. And, yes, it can cause stomach ulcers or intestinal tract problems. I always take it with food. Always.

They have ok'd MJ in my state for medical use. Personally, I am going to talk to my M.D. regarding medical MJ. Tried some, finally, a few weeks ago. Pain was majorly quelled. Not gone, but quelled. I was in a much better mood. Slept like a rock. Woke refreshed. Don't sleep like that on ambien! And on ambien I wake up grogged and trying to drive to work like that. Not good.

Would prefer legal avenues and not having to inhale it.
    bct likes this.
  12. jaminhealth

Dar, I know I don't want to inhale any smoke, so will be passing on the MJ smokes....I tried some lozenges but they did not a thing.

I have to say since on Great Lakes Gelatin for about a month now, my joints are NOT as painful, still stiff but maybe not as much NOW.....I'm sleeping better, take my advil and 1/2 vicodin later and later than before so pain is being reduced...

I'm very impressed with this form of Gelatin and today posted a separate post and added it to my signature spot on this board.......I believe it's in my arsenal for keeps......

Never wandered to ambien, heard too many not good things about this med....I have worked long and hard to find my sleep combo and now with the Gelatin, sleeping even better......look at this product....lots of GOOD STUFF in it. jam
  13. Darrae

Darrae Member

Hi Jam,

Yeah. I'm not thrilled about the "inhale" idea either. I would much rather go the medicinal route through my M.D.. The results, however, would negate the ambien. Might also be able to stop the Lodine. That comes with it's own set of serious side effects. It states in the side effects portion of the description not to take it if you have heart disease, are prone to ulcers, or if you smoke. Worst case scenario, sudden heart attack/death. I fall into all 3 medical categories. o_O

The doctors have all been aware of these conditions with me for years, yet all continue to prescribe it. I haven't had anybody even offer to do any follow-up blood work to check the levels in my system in over 8 years. Don't like taking this stuff. I would be into trying the Gelatin. Where do you purchase it? Would I be able to find it at a local GNC, or other store that carries a wide variety of health supplements?

Dar
  14. Doznclan12

Doznclan12 Member

Ok, I was a bad girl back in the 70's. I did smoke this stuff for a while, but not for long. I didn't know what was going on when I started to have side effects. If anyone thinks there are no side effects, well, you can believe there are. There are going to be side effects to any drug..for different folks. Not everyone has a side effect to this drug or that..everyone is different to different drugs. I personally had panic attacks. And, my heart would go into an arrhythmia pretty quick. Interesting that this didn't happen the first 6 months of me using it, then bam! No more for me.
    Now, not sure if it could be a whole different thing taking it in pill form or any other form..but why would I act differently? It's the same drug. So, guess it isn't for me.
    Waynesrhythm likes this.
  15. Waynesrhythm

Waynesrhythm Member

bct likes this.
  16. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Growers in CO have developed a strain with minimal THC which is being used in children who have up to 100 seizures a day with great promise. Medical MJ is a drug derived from a natural plant, like many of our meds, including aspirin. Any drug can have adverse side effects in some people.

This is not a simple subject and a lot of research needs to be done. Personally, I think CO has the right idea--just legalize it for everyone and tax it heavily. It makes no sense to legalize tobacco and alcohol and make MJ illegal.

I've seen Dr. Gupta, whom I generally like, put out some info I find very inaccurate on TV. I wouldn't base my opinion solely on what he thinks.

Love, Mikie
    bct likes this.
  17. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Moving this post up so Jam can see it.

Love, Mikie
  18. jaminhealth

No wonder I couldn't find it, it did NOT have MJ in the title.....guess I'll leave my other info where it is in the new posting......thanks....jam