how many of you are guilty of this?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sunflowergirl, Jun 5, 2012.

1. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

Dehydration is an under-recognized leading cause of fatigue. Many people don't drink water at all during the day; instead they drink soda, energy drinks and coffee, all of which can cause even further dehydration. Dehydration not only causes fatigue, but a variety of negative side effects including:

-Joint pain
    -Dry skin
    -Muscle cramps
    -Bloating
    -High blood pressure
    -Build up of toxins in the body
    -Weight gain

Dehydration is the sole reason may people experience fatigue. Luckily this is an easy one to fix; drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water a day to avoid dehydration.

I know I'm guilty of forgetting the WATER. When I get really down with the fatigue that's when I remember and start pouring the water down.
  2. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

I know I am guilty of not drinking near enough water. It actually makes me nauseous!
  3. Sansofpa

Sansofpa New Member

In 2008 I was seriously dehydrated and very ill. I never drank water; didn't enjoy it and it made me nauseous.

I drank diet pepsi and coffee. After my illness I found a flavored water I could tolerate.

In 2012, this year, I was told by my GYN, one of the reasons for my leg/ankle/foot/abdominal swelling could be attributed to drinking too much water.

I drank 86 ounces a day, or more. I cut back to four 16 ounce bottles a day, about 2 weeks ago. The swelling still comes and goes. I have a bottle in my purse . . never leave home without it. It certainly doesn't help with my frequent/urgent urination, but I stop all drinking around 6 p.m. except for the sips I take with my sleeping pill.

Unfortunately, water intake hasn't helped my fatigue, expecially in the past few weeks. I'm barely making it through work and on weekends I take 2 or 3 naps.

Also, my blood work was horrible when I was dehydrated and the muscle cramps were crippling. That's what caused me to see my doctor.

Valuable topic . .

~Sans
  4. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

I do beleive that I am a "wateraholic" lol I drink a gallon a day, everyday.

With the summer heat about to bear down upon us, it was a timely post Sans.

Thanks for putting it up. Dehydration does indeed cause many things in the body to dysfunction. We certainly don't need anymore "help" in that area, do we?
    Hugs,
    MicheleK