how many of you feel no pain on waking then creeps in?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kirsty28, Sep 2, 2005.

1. kirsty28

kirsty28 New Member

just another question,
    i've read alot about fibro and i feel i'm different to everyone else tho.
    if i've had a bad day i can be in pain and uncomfortable getting off to sleep, once i'm gone it is bliss and i don't really get that much pain, like my whole self is switched off.
    then when i wake, if a snuggle back to sleep it is still nice (and i like my bed) but when i get up and get my head together its like my body get into the whole pain thing again and it all comes back,thank god i sleep okay but everyone with fibro i have spoken too says this is not typical of the condition...
    any of you relate to this...thanks again from the u.k!
  2. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I usually have a small bit of stiffness when I wake up, but until recently, I did not have pain when waking up either. I get in the shower straight from the bed and usually feel pretty good until mid morning, then sometimes the pains will start to show up.

Mine is changing and I am strugglig with a sleep issue right now. I don't know if it is my meds are not working like they did or that my hip is causing me to wake up because it hurts.

Sonya
  3. Gly

Gly New Member

I usually have no pain or almost none when I go to bed. I do take Trazodone and Imovane for sleep now, though. I'm a little stiff upon awakening but then feel pretty good most days until about 2:00 PM. I have fairly severe pain from 2:00 to about 9:00PM. I feel better late at night but can't keep a schedule like that because my hubby has to work so I keep the same hours.
  4. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

I wake up stiff but not with a lot of pain and then as I shower and begin my morning, it creeps back in (neck ache, pain all over, etc.)

Since going to the FFC I've discovered I have Lyme disease plus 3 other co-infections.

Some of my symptoms are different than people with FM. For example, hard exercise helps me tremendously. Also, I don't have the pain most people with FM have in the legs and hips.

I'm guessing its because the actual cause of my pain and stiffness is the Lyme instead of FM.

Sandy
  5. happygranny

happygranny Member

And wonder how am I going to fall asleep with this pain?! However, with the Trazedone that I take I do fall asleep, and morning usually brings little or no pain. (A lot of stiffness and dopey-headed til a cup of coffee)

Like you it is as I get moving and doing things that the pain comes and gets worse as the day progresses.

I used to wonder about me too because so many people posted how mornings are worse for them. I am glad you posted this topic. Thank you

happygranny
  6. abbylee

abbylee New Member

When I wake up I feel as though I've been hit by a truck, but after moving around a little, I ease off somewhat.

The parts of my body that are touching the bed are in agony, and it takes about an hour for that pain to ease.

abbylee
  7. Jodi_B

Jodi_B New Member

I'm like you, Kirsty, in that while I'm in bed I'm feeling good. Fortunately, I have no pain and very little stiffness when I first get up.

For me, it seems that the wear and tear of the day is what gets me down, ie. the pain and fatigue gradually worsen throughout the day.

Before getting stabilized on the best drug combination for me (Elavil 2 hrs. prior to bedtime, Trazadone 1/2 hr. before bedtime), my mattress was painful to my hip joints!

So, there are generalities, but also wide variations among individuals.

j.
  8. elsa

elsa New Member

If I stay on my protocal and keep to the proper timing
    of everything then I can wake up usually with only lower
    back pain... either stiff or painful.

If I get cocky and think I can get by without this or
    without that or start thinking that timing isn't that
    important, then I'll back slide and be in pain 24/7 ...
    won't matter if it's morning or late at night.

Take care,

Elsa
  9. kirsty28

kirsty28 New Member

also while i'm asking loads of questions...do you some days have the worst lets say backache and think "oh my god , i'd rather it was back in my legs etc" then when it returns to legs think "oh my god, this is terrible , i'd rather have it in my back!! it seems so bad in the place you are hurting but because an old place feels okay now you cannot remember the old pain only how you are presently.
    sorry if this is confusing...bye for now..x
  10. Empower

Empower New Member

Strange, but I used to have alot of pain when I first woke, and as the day wore on, the pain and stiffness went away

Now, it is the exact opposite
  11. Jgavi

Jgavi New Member

I hate when that happens..i think i am cured when i have this happen to me..i get all excited! but than it slowly (the pain) creeps into my body and spreads so fast...i get depressed and it ruins my whole day...

thank god it doesnt happen much, ----so i think your normal...!!!

jgavi
  12. Tiels

Tiels New Member

if the rest of my day would be like 1st thing in the mornings it would be so wonderful!!!

I hurt when I go to bed, and as I start to relax, it hurts worse for a bit, then eases off.
  13. Musica

Musica New Member

I'm not sure if I have FMS at this point, but I feel pretty good waking up. It's not until I get moving - especially moving fast or driving very far - that I start getting more discomfort. Except my hands, they always feel bad or worse.