How Many of You fms people see a Neurologist?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Crispangel66, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

My sister in-law went to a dr recently at a free clinc and the dr was very nice to her but said he couldn't do much for her.

She has fibro and many other problems.

The dr advised her to go to another place where she can see a Neurologist and he told her any person with fibro should see a Neurologist.

So back to my question how many of you see a Neurologist for fibro?
  2. jakeg

jakeg New Member

for additional testing a few times and allresults came back negative. At my last visit he refered me back to my rhuemy saying that he agreed with the rhuemys dx and I have not been back since then. What they check for is to see if the problems that you have are nuerological or not

Jake
  3. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

hello there :)

i saw a nuero when my dr wanted me testing for ms, he said (the nuero) at my appointment he doesnt know anything about fms as its not his field but he could see its not very nice.
    i have a rhuematologist. mine is as much use as a chocolate fireguard but hes the man your gp will send you to see.

i would take it as an insult if i was sent to a nuero for fms/me because then that would mean my dr thought it was 'in the mind' psychosymatic!

pleased to meet you,i dont think we have spoken before?
  4. redchud

redchud New Member

Hi crispangel66

I am waiting to see a Neurologist for my migraines, but i don't think my apt was linked to my FM but when I do see the Neurologist i will be telling him or her about my FM
    My apt wont be till April there is a waiting list here in the UK, will keep you updated

Take care
    Red
  5. laspis1

laspis1 New Member

....once. For what I thought was a host of neurological problems, but that was a waste of time. I was really ill at that time and could not even hold my head up. His diagnosis was that I probably have some virus that will resolve itself and wrote to my dr that it is all in my head. He was a big help...NOT!

Hope you have a better luck. I still think it is good to go to cover your basis but I would not go with major expectations.
  6. Suzan

Suzan New Member

She has more symptoms that seem to point to Neuro issues...so that is the last doc she has been seeing...there have been several kinds! Her dh is a chiro, and he is on a mission to find someone..or something that helps her feel better. Well, after a year..and several drug regimins...she is no better than she has been for the past 3 years. We joke about her being the guinea pig....she tries all the "new" ideas out...and we agree that if she finds one that really works....I will try it too!LOL Crazy..but she and I have been friends for 22 years....and then coincindently..both were dx-d with fibro about a year apart! We always say it is the water..as we met when we were neighbors in the same town.

I do think the main thing that works is to go find any doc that believes what you have is real...and that is willing to work with you to find things that help alleviate your symptoms!

7. Jen102

Jen102 New Member

he was very arrogant, and it felt that he made fun of me and my condition. He was not helpful, though he ruled out graves disease, which was a possible concern for me at the time. How you can go to school that many years, and have such disdain for patients, I don't know. I felt sorry for him. Jen102
  8. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

I don't think it matters if you see a neurologist or a rhumy as long as you get help. Mine does treat FM and seems like he is genuine and really wants to help me.

Some can be nasty but that is in every field - I hope she finds a good one!

Kelly