How Many Of You Get Tremors??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kmelodyg, Jun 7, 2003.

1. kmelodyg

kmelodyg New Member

Hey everyone! I am just curious about how many of you get tremors besides just the jumpiness when you are falling asleep (RLS?). I get tremors in my legs when I am sitting, standing, and laying down. I get them in my arms and hands and head. I was just wondering because I was just reading up on the differences between FMS and MS, and it does not say tremors in the FMS part, just the MS. My mother has FMS and MS, so I guess that there;s a chance I could have that too. But then again, we Fibromites seem to have a billion and one symptoms anyways. Anyone else?

Big Soft Hugs,
    Kathryn
  2. 101247

101247 New Member

Hi kathy, i'm alan.
    I get the t,s whenever i do anything ,like ,typing here for too long ,my arms will shake for about 15 minutes after i stop .
    one other weird thing i have is a large numb patch on my thigh, when i go to bed and lie down it comes to life , it feels like there's a bug crawling down the length of the numb spot under the skin.
    to get back to the tremors ,I sometimes can't hold a cup because of them but it's always after i've exerted myself in some way ,could be the slightest thing and i'm like a puppet on a string ,you the same?

all for now good luck AL
  3. romey

romey New Member

i have had fm for a year and yes i also suffer from tremors.i get them the worst in in my hands and arms.i have just graduated from high school and sometimes in class it wud happen.the best advice i can give is to strech. when it happens i link my fingers together so that they r pointing towards me then i strech my arms out in front of me.hope this helps hugs! romey
  4. allhart

allhart New Member

ive been tested for ms 3 times it always ends up being fm any ways i get realy bad tremors in my legs walking.standing and sitting
  5. stilhere

stilhere New Member

I'm Jessica
    and I usually post on the chitchat board and Lupus board as I've been diagnosed with Lupus and scleroderma, I usually am a 'lurker' here, (at times feel intimidated here :) )anyways, I too have tremors in my hands though, I found that out when at the hospital preparing for surgery, they did not let me take any of my medicatins and my hands started to shake pretty bad, startled the nurses, but doctor said it was medication related, I dunno?

In Christ
    Jessica
  6. aching

aching New Member

running down my legs. Does anyone else have this? Sometimes they're intermittant like bzzz,stop,bzzz,stop,bzzz. You can't see any movement on my skin. Don't know what that's all about but it's annoying. My husband is an electrician so I jokingly told him he is giving off all the electricity that he has come in contact with during the day to me in bed at night. Piper
  7. starstella

starstella New Member

I get tremors of the head and left arm, they worsen if my mucles are tight. Was checked by a neurologist, had a brain MRI, negative for MS. Was told FM is a neuromuscular disorder, therefore tremors. I do my best to pay attention to those shoulder and neck muscles and try not to let them get too tight.
    [This Message was Edited on 06/08/2003]
  8. layinglow

layinglow New Member

Kathryn, yes I get tremors. As another mentioned, repetitive exertion of any kind can bring them on, such as brushing hair, scrubbing the counter top, etc.
    I believe these are from central nervous system dysfunction, misfiring of neurons. Mine will progress to myclonic jerking if I continue on with the activity.
    Klonopin has helped with this alot. (my dx is Fm/CFS/MCS)
    Best wishes, LL

[This Message was Edited on 06/08/2003]
  9. BethM

BethM New Member

When I am very tired, when a flare is threatening (I have FMS), if I have overdone and pushed myself too hard, my hands tremor, especially the right one. It's a fine tremor, very annoying, but it's a definite warning for me to slow down and take a look at what I've been doing and need to stop doing. Along with the hand tremors, my whole body will shudder at times. If I slow down, rest, take my supplements and pain meds, take care of my self, the tremors will settle down and go away. If I don't, I know I'll in for a major flare. This is, for me, a reminder that even though I have good days when I feel almost normal, the FMS still lurks, ready to leap out and attack if I give it the chance.

Peace,
    Beth.
  10. mightymouth

mightymouth New Member

i get hand tremors from time to time. my hands get so shaky i can't hold a cup of liquid without it spilling over.
    i also get the numb areas in legs, face, arms.
    Lyn
  11. nje

nje New Member

I HAVE ALL KINDS OF CRAZY THINGS HAPPENING TO MY BODY,MY MUSCLES WILL JUMP,TWITCH, AT ANY GIVEN TIME,MORNING, NOON OR AT NIGHT IN THE BED. I`VE OFTEN WONDERED IF IT WAS TREMORS OR SOME OTHER CRAZY FM SYMPTOM. I CAN BE LYING PERFECTLY STILL,AND MY LEGS WILL JUMP ANF TWITCH, OR MY ARMS,LIKE THEY JUST DID A FEW MINUTES AGO. SORRY I CAN`T BE OF ANY HELP, MAYBE IF YOU FIND OUT,YOU`LL POST IT AND I CAN READ IT. WELL HERES HOPING YOU`LL FIND OUT,I`LL BE THINKING ABOUT YOU. little hugs nje. sorry for the caps, i forget sometime,another fm symptom.
  12. dekauf

dekauf New Member

Hello Kathryn,

Re: the tremors, my neurologist told me that rls is often aggravated by the bodys' lack of B-12. I now take 2000mg of B-12 a day along with 0.5mg of mirapex. It helps so very much. I hope this will help you as well.

Diane
  13. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

but my neuro put me on Mysoline and I have them alittle in my legs and when I get upset but I dont get them like I used to.
    Carlacat
  14. kmelodyg

kmelodyg New Member

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences. It makes me feel a little better. I guess since I get a new symptom all the time, I am always freaking out, trying to overanalyze it. I actually started taking B 12 and CoQ10 in the past few days, and there hasn't been much shaking except for when I'm in bed. But it does come and go at the strangest times. I desperatly wanted to try Klonopin, but my doc refused (becasue he's an idiot). Hopefully I can try in one day. It seems to help so many of you out there. Thanks again!!

Lots of love,
    Kathryn