How many of you had alot of blood work(poll)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Carolonly, Oct 27, 2002.

1. Carolonly

Carolonly New Member

and it came back negative? Would like to hear what you have to say!!
    [This Message was Edited on 10/28/2002]
  2. Carolonly

Carolonly New Member

and it came back negative? Would like to hear what you have to say!!
    [This Message was Edited on 10/28/2002]
  3. JP

JP New Member

Hi Carol

I have had a lot of blood work and much of it is positive. I think that my FMS is a secondary condition.

JP
  4. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I`ve had a lot of blood work at different times and it usually perfectly normal. The only thing that isn`t is my sed rate which is usually in the 70s. That`s a test that measure inflamation and tells them our body is trying to fight something off.
    Good luck on your poll and have a great Monday!
  5. Betty50victor

Betty50victor New Member

My doc said he checked for everything he could think of and all were negative, even the inflamation.....
    That's why he, the rhum.dr, and the physical med. dr. all agreed that I have fibro.
    Betty
  6. latracy

latracy New Member

I have been blood tested and x-rayed so many times, and nothing has shown up. I have a new doctor (who also has FM) and she has done a whole new series of tests. I will find out the results tomorrow. I will let you know.
    Latracy
  7. lucky

lucky New Member

Lots of blood work for me as well, nothing showing up, the latest an intensive one with an endro, not a thing wrong. My thyroid is remarkably healthy compared to many others in my age as I was told and according to all the many blood tests, x-rays, scans, whatever, I am the healthiest person on earth! After having EBV many years ago, the second test was also normal. Again, the theory of mine is that CFS/FMS is may be a viral disease which has left many of our chemicals like seretonin and may others damaged. And/or there are still viruses causing all these terrible symptoms we are experiencing every day.
    Well, the good thing is, there is much more research going on, and I am positive that one day we hopefully all find the answer or answers to this big puzzle.
    Take care, Lucky
  8. Shoobie

Shoobie New Member

I've had this illness for at least 9 years.

I had a bazillion tests done about 5 years ago when I had enlarged lymph nodes (over 2cm)... everything from Mono, HIV, lymphatic cancer to toxoplasmosis. They couldn't find an explanation.

Just 2 weeks ago my Rheumy did tests for Lupus, Lyme, and RA. All the bloodwork came back "normal". My sed rate was a "1"!

-Shoobie
  9. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Only recently has anything been wrong. Ever since menopause, my cholesterol panel has been really awful, my estrogen is so low it "indicates possible pituitary damage", and my red cell counts (all 3 of them) indicate mild anemia, for which no cause could be found. Lately, my Neutrophils are too low, but I don't even know what they are, and nobody seems alarmed by it. Other tests are all normal.
    Klutzo
    P.S. for SHOOBIE - BTW, in alternative medicine, a sed rate below 5 is considered just as abnormal as a too high one. Of course, conventional docs disagree. My sed rate was 5 when I got FS, and is now 12.
  10. LisaMay

LisaMay New Member

It seemed like every time I went to see the docs in the beginning, they always wanted my blood. It all came back negative and they only could say what I didn't have. At one point my white blood count was abnormal, was given antibiotics, and by the following week (more blood) it was OK. I really hate needles so this was very traumatic for me. Now that they finally dx'd me with FM, they no longer want my blood....

Lisa
  11. kadywill

kadywill New Member

I have had more positive than negative over the years. In fact, a doc I used to go to said there was more wrong with me than right. I found no humor in that statement! All of the labs I have had done in the past few years have had positive or "iffy" results.
    I'd rather they be negative and I would LOVE to hear a doctor say that there is nothing wrong with me. I do know the frustration a lot of my fellow sufferers feel when they know they are sick but the lab findings are negative or inconclusive, believe me...that's how I was in the 1970s.
  12. Shoobie

Shoobie New Member

What is FS? Is it a typo for FM or CFS or something else?

I've heard that a low sed rate can be indicative of hypercoagulation, but wouldn't they notice that when they were drawing or testing the blood?

-Shoobie

13. Duffsangel

Duffsangel New Member

Lots of blood work...normal results, except on the last test it showed mt good cholestral was too low and my liver enzymes were elavated. Did we do anthing about them??? NO
    It is so hard for them to get blood from me (thin, rolling veins) that I refuse to have blood drawn unless my doc gives me a good reason. Once a year is enough in my opinion.
    Duff
  14. karen55

karen55 New Member

I've had so much blood work done, been tested for so many things, had all the same tests repeated twice in the last two years, plus been scanned, xrayed, you name it. Everything's in normal range, I am told, with the exception of being slightly anemic, which I have been all my life, and those little bumps on my knuckles which are a sign of arthritis in my hands.
  15. lucky

lucky New Member

hello, but reading your message, I wonder if some of your problems are related to the low estrogen. I do not want to talk anybody to take hormones, and some people cannot or do not wish to, but there are a lot of proven facts especially regarding cholesterol and other severe symptoms caused after menopausse because of the lack of these important hormones.
    Since there was such a big uproar about HRT's a few months ago, people panicked neddlessly, the proven facts look a lot different than what the scaremongering researchers were telling.
    I only have been on estrogen for almost 30 yrs., and would be a total mess without them after the hysterectomy and would have even more health problems.
    By all means, I do not want or try to talk anybody into anything, but just wanted to help with a suggestion.
    Kind regards, Lucky