How Many of you have Been to the Other Boards Here?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kredca4, Apr 9, 2003.

1. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I was just checking out some of the other Message boards that are on this site.

I sometimes forget that I am more than just FMS, I also have Co-exisiting Condition's, and I thought I would see what the other boards are about.

I treat the other condition's, and when I can get the Pain undercontroll, that's from something else, it lessens my FMS pain.

I was amazed at how many boards there are, and they have quite a lot of folks using them. Like the one for Arthritis, I have a lot of Pain in my Hips, Spine, Knees and thats a good place to get information on treating my conditions Like Spinal Stenosis, and Denergative Disc Disease, plus I have trouble with my Siatiaca Nerve.
    These conditions cause their own Pain, then the FMS Magnifiys (Sp?) the Pain to where it's so Unbearable at times that you just Know there must be Something Broken or more Serious.

So it's back to Step one, start treating my Other Conditions, after all, I am more than just FMS.
    But that seem's to get my Main Focous these day's.

We also get very Depressed, not in the Clinical sense, but because of how our Life has changed, who wouldn't be down in the Dumps, after all, it seems like we do get Dumped on a lot.
    So I thought I would check out what is being used sucessfuly by thoes who have Depression, and also what other coping tip's they may have on dealing with Depression and Anxiety. They are 2 different condition's, but sometimes treated with the wrong meds.
    I found that Xanax works good for my Anxiety.

I have IBS, it's co-exisiting condition, not a Symptom of FMS. I know that having CMP trigger's the IBS, and also cause's chronic Pain in other area's, all by it's self. But other conditions can make that Flare too.
    It's like a Merry=go=round without any Brass Rings, just lots of up's and down's, but with out any Fun.

My Siatiaca and the Disc in the Neck at the C-4/5 are relly starting to hurt, I have been putting off surgery, but I'm having other problems, because of the Pain I'm having.

Anyway, got off subject, try looking at the other boards that are here, you can find them at the top of the page, in 2 places,
    one is the Purple Banner at the top, the second one over, Message Boards, will lead you to the Menu of the what's here.
    the other is just above, where it say's POST TOPIC, VIEW POSTS , next is the one you want, MESSAGE BOARDS, that's where we also have a Chat board, not a LIVE CHAT, which is listed next to the Message board, and a lot of folks get the 2 confused. We should rename it. oh well.

Sincerely
    kredca4
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thanks for posting this. We have many new members and the other forums can be very helpful.

Love, Mikie
  3. KayL

KayL New Member

I have utilized a couple of the other boards here, and I've recommended this site to several other people.

Karen
  4. ozgran

ozgran New Member

but I do go and have a look. Have a friend with lupus and am going to suggest to her she joins with the people there as like FM there seems to be very few around here who have these probs. Know the support I get from being part of this group and she is pretty miserable so I am sure she will benefit too. So yes, I do visit the other boards quite regularly. Love Ozgran.