How many of you have diabetes and

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by namow, Sep 19, 2005.

1. namow

namow New Member

is it related to fibro or is it a separate problem to add to this DD?
  2. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

It runs in my family. However, it can be related if you consider that this disease makes us sedintary and if you have a tendancy towards the disease, it can contribute to it. I was always tested because of family history and was able to keep it away until the car accident. I think the combination of immense steroid therapy and being sedintary brought on the diabetes.
  3. motomom412

motomom412 New Member

I do have diabetes and I was dx with that way before the fm. Another heredity thing from mom. I have been reading the book "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Fibromyalgia" and Dr. St. Amand thinks that fm and hypoglycemia go hand in hand. I've been thinking about going on the hypoglycemic diet.

Don't be like me, keep your diabetes under control and you should be ok.

Good luck,
    Reg
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

I am also a diabetic. It does not have anything to do with fibro, though. There is a history of diabetes in both sides of my family.
  5. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

Just recently diagnosed.I knew it was coming and my doctors watched for it,My mother,father,brother abd sister have it!
  6. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Hi Namow! I have had diabetes type 2, for 29 years. I've had FMS for 10 years. I really don't think they are related at all. I think they are just separate problems.

My dad had what I think was FMS and the doctor thought it was neuralgia. He saw an orthopedic doctor for his pain and problems. I don't know why they never figured out it was fibro, which I thought they had back in the 60's through 80's.

Diabetes was in both sides of my family. Both of my two sons have it too.
    It is in my husband's side of the family also.

Now my son is getting married next year and I found out that his fiancee, her mother has diabetes. Poor children they have don't have any chance...

Hugs,
    Faye