How Many of You Have Frequent Bladder Infections?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kimfibro, Jul 7, 2006.

1. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

here i go with another one. seems like every few months now which is weird. it used to be a rare occurance.

aside from drinking lots of cb juice and water do you have any tips to feel better?

i really am feeling worse now that evening is near. i woke up with my eyes kind of funky; very sensitive and dry. felt tired all day but that is frequent in itself!

i suppose meds could be blamed for frequent bladder infections. don't know for sure.

now that it's friday eve here, i'll need to wait this one out. am supposed to go to a cookout tomorrow. don't know about that now.

let me know if you get them, how frequent, and any tips you may have! :( thanks!
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I haven't found anything to really help prevent them. The cranberry doesn't really work for me and it is expensive, plus I have to get diet as I have diabetes, and the apple cider vinegar is just horrid to drink.

Some people swear by this and that, but I have never really found anything to really work on a full time basis.

Hope you feel better.

Hugs,
    Faye
  3. blessedmom2four

blessedmom2four New Member

i am getting on now...due to frequent intercourse.
    i think
  4. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I've found certain foods irritate my bladder. I tried to drink SlimFast and the aspartame or something else in it, gave me such bad irritated bladder, I felt like I had a severe infection for about six hours. Yogurt also gives me irritated bladder. Even just taking acidophilus tabs will do it. I'll get the irritated feeling and pressue and frequently have to go. Lots of garlic and water clears it up on me. And I've since been avoiding aspartame and yogurt, so it's been better. I can't have caffeine, too. Anything with caffeine does the same thing to me.
  5. spacee

spacee Member

I took antibiototics for 5 years (post coital). Not fun. Then I discovered MANNOSE. You can do a google and find it. It keeps the bacteria from attaching to the bladder.

I also had to NOT eat the acidic stuff, had migraines from caffiene, etc. It was getting so bad that I thought that I might not be able to make the 1 hour airplane trip to my mom's and sis's.

After taking the mannose regularly everyday for a number of months, I ran out of it. Then I discovered that my bladder had "recovered". Well, was MUCH improved. Now I only take the mannose when I travel or drink/eat alot of acidic stuff.

BTW. Enada nadh has d-mannose in it. That was the form that I took. I started to get more energy but ended up with my bladder better!!!

Worst part. It is not cheap. I get mine from this site. GNC used to sell it in my area but quit.

Hugs.

Linda
  6. romanshopper

romanshopper New Member

When I was 20 I had it bad. Later found out that I was allergic to my husbands sperm! How many people have THAT happen to them? lol

Anyway, it was so bad - we had to use condoms and the doctor told me to always take a antibiotic and pee after sex.

Also get rid of all dyes and perfumes in the toilet paper because I was sensitive to those too.

We did divorce eventually, lol. It REALLY wasn't meant to be! Never had a problem like that with any other man.
  7. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

and THANKS for the input. this site is friendly & helpful.

i've been asexual (my choice--not ready to date for a while) for 2+ years now. i do recall having cystitis and bladder troubles during a serious relationship; painful memories re: intercourse.

so i cannot say that that is my trigger for bladder troubles. i will google up some of the meds you've all mentioned.

gotta be 'murphy's law' cuz here it is the weekend now and to get some antibiotics thru the weekend will be difficult if not impossible.

seems this trouble is eminating from my lower left area. can be very painful if i gently press there or brush up against something.

well, thanks again and i plan to take it easy thru tonight and tomorrow morning. hopefully will make that cookout. i know my 8 yr old son would be disappointed if i didn't go but he wouldn't miss it cuz he'd go w/my brother and the people having it are close family friends. "._."
  8. GKTLA

GKTLA New Member

I used to get full-blown, classic UTIs all the time (usually from sex). I was on antibiotics (Macrobid) for years and eventually started doubling the dose on my own because I was in so much misery. I was always feeling like an infection was coming on, but hadn't fully developed...all my urine cultures kept coming back negative and I had a cystoscopy and lots of other fun stuff...all came back normal.

Finally, I discovered that if I drank a lot of water and always used the bathroom without waiting, the discomfort would go from a 5 to a 1. I think bacteria in my bladder became immune to the antibiotics.

I also use d-Mannose when I feel my bladder is more uncomfortable than usual. But it is very expensive so I don't take it often.