How many of you, have had breast reduction surgery?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kacjac, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Kacjac

Kacjac New Member

I have a friend that will soon. And it got me to thinking, I think I'm gonna ask Doc about me getting it done too!
    It sounds like a dream come true, just to have all the pain in upper back and shoulders gone or decreased would be awesome, and "the girlz not going south " anymore LOL would be nice too!
    Anybody? Please share your story!
    TIA~ Karen
  2. Shelly413

Shelly413 New Member

hi Kacjac..
    my internal med doctor had mentioned it to me last week with my severe back pain and I was very open about it as I had tried to get it done and saw a plastic surgeon about it 2 years ago and was denied because I did not have all I needed for insurance to proove it. However I was just seeing a family doc and now I am seeing a really good internal med here in Dallas. I see that you are in East Tx. I have famliy in East Tx. I also see that you are a caregiver to a patient with Dementia. I encourage you if at all possible to look at activites that he/she can do no matter what physical state of care they may be in. As a future Activity Professional in Long Term Care I have begun to learn so much about how we can improve the quality of life especially for those with Dementia and Alzheimers. Just a thought since I know you used to be a CNA and must know some about this. A few links of resources can be activitydirector. net and message board of ideas for dementia... anyways..just a thought- I hope it can be helpful! Now back to your topic....
    well the internal med doctor is now referring me to a spine doctor to get his advice on what my condition may be not to have surgery on my spine but it would be a bug power tool per say to get the breast reduction approved on insurance. Before all i had was a note from med. doc and chiroproctor and of course the note from the plastic surgeon himself and it was not enough. As for me I am overweight and I know that aggervates everything but the pain from the extra weight being brought in my back area is enormous and does not help matters...The plastic surgeon doctor told me at that time that he believe it would help me to lose weight after having the reduction. He said he would give me a C cup. So I'm doing all I need to do first ont he doctors before I go to the plastic surgeon who is very reputalbe by the way first because most insurances will only give you 30 days before they will approve or deny you through mail....

As for me I am trying to face my first matters more at hand which is my probale FM and some other upcoming appts you can read in my profile if you wish..
    Oh my neighboor did have the surgery after she lost weight though and I saw her recover and she has a toddler while recovering and she refused to take anything but tylenol because of that fact..tough woman..
    have a goodn night/am..
  3. Kacjac

Kacjac New Member

I may know them :)
    As for as my pt. yes, I did this for 25+ years, and have done alot of research. Thanks for the advice.
    I am also overweight, and I too, want a C cup!
    I hope my Ins. will approve, they turned me down for gastric bypass, but I'm glad now!
    However I feel this is medically, a nessesity, also if I am to ever be relieved of this almost constant pain, i also have a dowagers hump, and herniated (cervical) disc. So any relief should help!
    I hope you get help too.
    Glad to know ya, hugz, Karen
    [This Message was Edited on 01/18/2006]
  4. Melissa58

Melissa58 New Member

I had one in 1992. It was the best decision I ever made.
  5. Kacjac

Kacjac New Member

Bumping to see if anyone wants to share their opinion's on this subject!
    TIA~Karen
  6. ~Sibyle~

~Sibyle~ New Member

But I have to wait until I am done using them for babies.

I am all for breast reductions!
  7. JPach007

JPach007 New Member

I had letters from my family Dr, my surgeon, a Chiropractor and my own letter asking Insurance to approve. After waiting 30 days from submitting, they told me it isnt covered whether it is found to be a medical need or not. So...that was the end of that. I was so bummed...I have been told recovery time is quick and results are wonderful!
    Good luck!
    JPach
  8. Kacjac

Kacjac New Member

I just don't get Insurance Company's!
    They act like they don't even care if there's a real need or not!
    It's frustrating to say the least, well I'm gonna give it a shot anyway!
    I'll let ya know!
  9. scrapkat

scrapkat New Member

haven't had one yet - but am having one this year, hopefully soon. waiting for the surgeon's office to call for a consultation time right now actually. my pain dr said this is the last thing to try for my neck problems as everything else has not worked and I so do not want neck surgery - that scares me to death. plus it would so nice to see the DD girls smaller and back where they used to be! LOL! going braless would be a godsend!

scrapkat
  10. bren45

bren45 New Member

I had one a year ago. It made such a difference. No more back pain. Clothes fit better. I feel lighter and more comfortable in my own skin. Plus the added bonus of having a more uplifting bustline(smile).
    They took a 1 lb and a 1/2 out of each breast. I noticed a difference right away. The pain after surgery wasn't bad either and that's probably because of always being in pain anyway from the D.D.
    I was lucky that my insurance covered everything.
    I highly recommend it. Just find a good plastic surgeon.
    Brenda
  11. ScooterD

ScooterD New Member

Best decision I ever made! I highly suggest you talk to patients of the doctor to get their feedback. I'm glad I did this - my recovery was a piece of cake and scarring is minimal. Patients of another doc I could have chosen had too many problems with their recovery and I'm glad it helped make my decision.
    I didn't have any problems with my insurance paying - I think it's all in how the doctor writes up the paperwork.

Best of luck!
  12. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

who wants to share their boobs with me?
    my chest is so flat the walls are jealous!!!!!!

[ advertisement ]