How many of you have had your appendix &/or your tonsils out?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Criket, Jul 7, 2003.

1. Criket

Criket New Member

Hi, Everyone! I haven't been on here for awhile. I have been really busy to get on the computer much. I was talking to my aunt and something we were talking about made me wonder how many of you have had your appendix &/or your tonsils out? I have had both out. God didn't put those appendix there for nothing. Criket
  2. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Yes, they know now that tonsils are part of the immune system. I don't think they know what the appendix is for yet ,do they?
    I still have my appendix, but had my tonsils and adenoids taken out at age 15.
    Klutzo
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Have both my tonsils and appendix. Never had any kind of operation. Had three babies, all natural birth.

Been to the emergency room twice in my life once for an infected ear, and infected throat.

Shalom, Shirl

4. tes

tes New Member

I have had my appendix out a the age of 7. Mine ruptured on the operating table and I am very lucky to be alive. It is hard to believe that such an uneeded organ can actually kill you. I had so much poison leak into my body that the doctors had to cut so deep to get it all out. I have had to c-sections as well and my appendix scar is by far much worse.lol. All my complaints started after this appendix ordeal and they got worse and worse year after year. Take care....Tes
  5. Lendi

Lendi New Member

Had my tonsils out when I was 3 or 4. Even then, I was sick all the time. I probably would have died from tonsil related illnesses had they not removed them.
  6. Dara

Dara New Member

ago. They removed them during my surgery for a hysterectomy. The surgeon told me that if they had ever burst I would have been in trouble, they were very enlarged and some how hooked or wrapped around ?? something. I still have my tonsils.

Dara
  7. paula45

paula45 New Member

Tonsil and adenoids out around 6, and appendix at 7 or 8. My appendix was badly inflamed and ready to burst also.
    I've had WAY too many surgeries...but all were needed.
    Paula
  8. Jen F

Jen F New Member

9. HURTSALOT2

HURTSALOT2 New Member

Tonsils and adenoids taken out at age 12. I often wonder if I still had them would I have outgrown the problems they gave me when I was younger. My three brothers and one sister still have theirs and sure are healthier than me.
    HURTSALOT2
  10. Hippen

Hippen New Member

never had a need to have them removed. Appendix was actually needed at one time to help digest raw meat actually...hehehe.....stemming back to the caveman days. We have evolved over the years to have little need for the appendix since we cook our meat. Eventually...years and years down the road, humans will be born without an appendix due to evolution....weird huh? Hippen
  11. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

Had the Tonsils removed at age 12, With the Appendix, I was 16, they started to rupture, but by the time I was taken to the CountyHospital, cause we were with out insurance in thoes day's. They had stopped.

Then when I was 23 they had to do an Explority Operation, and they found that the appendix had indeed started the ruppture, and then formed scar tissue and attached them selves to my Ovaries. Luckly for me and my soon to be son, they only had to scrape the ovaries, so I was able to have one child.

sincerely
    kredca4/sharon
  12. Suzan

Suzan New Member

My tonsils have grown back! I was soooo shocked when I went in for a throat culture a few years ago and the doc says my tonsils look good!
  13. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

I still have both of 'em.
  14. lone-wolf

lone-wolf New Member

Tonsils out at age 3. Had chronic tonsilitis until taken out. Have heard that they produced sulfur to help immune system?

lonewolf
  15. Achy-shaky

Achy-shaky New Member

I still have tonsils. I had my appendix out at age 52 - it was very close to rupturing and was so swollen it reached all the way across abdomen. I was very lucky because the ER was going to send me home saying it was kidney stones but a very smart nurse had another doctor look at me and do an ultrasound. I was told by surgeon that it was very unusual to have appendicitis at an older age, normally it happens when younger.

This happened about a year after getting this DD (FM/CFS). Then 3 months after that surgery I was dx with a bladder tumor stage 1 cancer which was removed, and thank God hasn't returned. I always wondered if there's any connection.

Very interesting. Do you know if any research has been done on this?

Shaky
  16. Patti2

Patti2 New Member

All effect the ammune system, no wonder I get sick so easy!! Never gave it a min. thought before.
    Patti
  17. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

I still have that time bomb called an appendix, but I had my tonsils out as a child. Thirty years ago, when I had my tubal ligation, my GYN said she would have removed the appendix while she was at it if I had just thought to ask.

JoAnn