How many of you have low grade fever

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by remarkb, Mar 12, 2006.

1. remarkb

remarkb New Member

I am trying to determine how many people diagnosed with CF run a low grade fever. I run 99.5-100.4 every night. It usually starts going up in the late afternoon and goes down after sleeping a few hours. My doc does not seem to think that this is considered fever…well it sure feels like fever and I did not used to run this temp. Please let me know if you run fever and if it comes on later in the day. I am starting to think maybe there is something else going on with me. The fever has been present for about 3 months while the extreme fatigue has been with me for about 1.5 yrs. The fatigue was bad enough but at least I could make it through the day, but the fever makes it almost impossible to concentrate at work. Normal fever reducing meds do make the fever go down, but still fell very bad.

Thank you all
    Brian
  2. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Yes, I did that for a few years. Now, it has changed and I have a low temp all the time. It is 96 most of the time. It is all part of this illness.
  3. jane32

jane32 New Member

I am the queen of the fevers!!!

I know I answered your other post but I try to respond to them all so that it can help others.

I was told over and over again ..wow that is not really a fever. I tried to tell the drs. that my nromal temp is 97.8 99 is a fever for me. I hav ebeen gettign fever cycles with flu like symptoms every month like clockwork since i came down with CFS.

It starts around 99.3 then gets higher around 5 then goes down right after sleep-just like you!!!

The highest my temp will go is 101 but usually during my cycle is hovers around 100.

My fatigue is bad but the fevers make me feel awful.

Do you get the chills?

If I crash in the middle of the month I get them too but it will only last a few days.

Mable.....Do you think the antiboitics worked then? I am on an antiviral but I may try them next. What did the dr. say about it who is treating you with them?

4. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

I always run a low grade fever and always have since I got this illness.

It is the norm for me.

Pamela