How many of you live alone? And, how do you cope?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Chelz, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Chelz

Chelz New Member

Hello everyone. If you live alone, how do you cope with your illness, finances, and other problems that can come up.

I live with my elderly mom and we get along pretty good most of the time, but I still feel alone a lot, even though technically I'm not. Hugs, Chelz.

2. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

its hard to find a healthy balance.
    To have some interaction with others but not a house that is too overwhelming. Some of us are dealing with different ends of the spectrum. For me theres positive and negatives that come with both.

Do you have family?
    If I were you id try to reach out or post and try to find others in your area that have CFS. To have local CFS support and friendships can help a great deal.

Good luck chelz.

3. Windytalker

Windytalker Member

I lived alone for 3 DH and I were basically separated. Even with my limitations, I was happier than I'd ever felt my entire life. I got to know "me" and found I really liked myself.

If I started feeling a bit lonely (which didn't happen often), all I had to do was go to my area, people are friendly. I'd come home chat satisfied...LOL!

I cooked simple meals that would last for 3 days...saved a few bucks there and no one complained about my cooking!!!

Sure, it was hard finding help. One way or another, things got done (DH would visit and that helped). But, most of the time, I did fine.