How Many of You

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by IlivetocantoronXena, May 24, 2006.

1. IlivetocantoronXena

IlivetocantoronXena New Member

I was read about a post that OUCH posted on Fibromyalgia in children, very interesting!

I remember as a child I would get terrible leg pain in my calf’s waking up in the middle of the night from the pain. My mother told my doctor, and he told her that they were just growing pains, YEAH RIGHT this was in the late 60‘s early 70‘s. I will never forget that pain, at least NOW it has a name and it is not just growing pains. Keep in mind I am not a very tall person only five feet tall. I was just wondering if any one else went through this?
    Thanks
    Hugs,
    Michelle
  2. IlivetocantoronXena

IlivetocantoronXena New Member

Very freaky!!
    Wow fight I surpose your name fits you right lol sorry your siblings gabged up on you.
    I to was 7-8 years of age to when the so called growing pains started, and yes I still get them and still do cry with them. I think at 43 I am done growing lol
    Glad to hear I am not alone. Atleast one thing is for sure WE WILL NOT CALL THEM GROWING PAINS!!
    IT HURTS!!
    Hugs
    Michelle
  3. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Michelle,
    I remember that my first year of high school I used to get terrible pains in my calves. I just assumed that they were growing pains and so I didn't tell anyone about them. I was a boardng school and was alreaady sick enough, with constant colds and bronchitis. I didn't want to cause any more trouble. I wonder what a doctor would have said?

Terry
    p.s. By the way, I'm five feet tall, too. T.[This Message was Edited on 05/25/2006]
  4. dellalvn

dellalvn New Member

Hello Ilive,
    The earliest I can remember is about 4 yrs old. I would stay awake most of the night pacing my bedroom floor and crying. My mom tells me as young as 2 I would stay awake most of the night. She always thought it was because I liked to talk all the time so I never wanted to sleep. I would try to wake her up when I just couldn't stand the pain anymore and she would tell me it was growing pains and there is no treatment for that, just had to get accustomed to the pain. Go figure. I am 5 ft 7 so maybe I was growing but I know now that was not any damn growing pains, ok? At 2 yrs old? I was always told I was too young to have so much pain but finally in 2001 my doctor diagnosed me with fibro but elects not to prescribe any meds. Della
  5. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Me to ,around the age of ten and then they got really bad when I was starting my periods .I still can sit and cry at times my legs hurt so bad.
    I know I've said this before but I do think all the vaccines we took as kids has something to do with FM/CFS.
    I mean look at what a vaccine is, an inactivated virus .Well maybe it is activated after it is in our body by other germs ,viruses we may be exposed to. Maybe it is mixed with something in the environment which changes it into somthing that has caused these DD's