How many on here have consulted a physic?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by atiledsner, Feb 2, 2006.

1. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

I am a devout believer in God, but a few years ago I went to a physic.i just wondered how many on here have done so and what was the experience like.This lady writes everything down as she speaks to you. I kept the list,everything on that list,even things i had no control over came about.Dianne
  2. angelstarr

angelstarr New Member

My dearest friend in the whole world is a psychic and healer. She is a Reiki master and a master in vibrational helaing. I have been to her and she can correct so many problems. I am reluctant to go for a psychic reading as we are to close. however her healing is AWEsOME She has the Hottest hands I have ever felt. the energy is so trememdous. It is painless and exciting. She is straight forward and tells it like it is even to me. She is trained in Hypnosis, and many avenues of healing. She lives in Erie Penna if anyone is interested I can get you her number. her web pager is www.revjane.net check it out. She can even do healings over the phone. I forgot to mention she is a Registered Chrisian Spiritualist Minister, SO SHE helieves in God and the holu spirirt.

Hugs
    Angel

CHeck ir out you might be supprised.
  3. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

I am a Christian and I believe that Jesus is my Savior. That said, many years ago I did see psychics, thinking that it was harmless and even convinced myself that this was a way that God used to guide me. I was wrong. I learned that I was opening doors for spirits who were not of God. I don't want to "preach", however, since you say that you are a devout believer in God, I felt you might want to know what the Bible says. These are God's words, not mine.

"Do not turn to mediums or seek out spiritists , for you will be defiled by them. I am the Lord your God" Leviticus 19:31

"I will set my face against the person who turns to mediums and spiritists" Lev, 20:6

"Let no one be found among you who ........practices divination...interprets omens.....or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. Any one who does these things is detestable to the Lord" Deuteronomy 18:10-12

I found the following info on the web:

Ben Alexander, who is now a Christian, used to be a spiritualist medium. At one time, he thought he was receiving messages from the dead. He now knows the messages were from evil spirits the Bible calls familiar spirits. Familiar spirits are evil spirits who are familiar with the deceased. They easily imitate the dead. Ben's
    book "Out from Darkness" is available from College Press Box 1132 Joplin MO 64802.

Raphael Gasson, a believer washed by the blood of Jesus, also was a medium long ago. His book, "The Challenging Counterfeit" asks the question, "Can we communicate with the dead?" Of course, the answer is no. We can only communicate with evil spirits who are familiar with and imitate the dead. His book was published by Logos International.

I pray that you receive this information with an open heart. I am not judging anyone. I just felt led to share this information because you say that you are a devout believer in God. At one time in my life I allowed myself to be deceived because I was desperate and searching for answers to problems in my life. I should have gone straight to God for guidance.

Bless you,

Lolalee
  4. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Dianne,
    Everyone is "psychic", it is just that some people more than others, and other people have worked at developing their intuition. Most of us have not.

A spiritual healer is not necessarily a psychic, and visa versa.

If this lady does not charge an arm and a leg, and has a good reputation, she probably is genuine. An ethical psychic will not ask you to buy candles or give more money for any purpose whatsoever. They usually record what they say, either by writing it down or by actually taping the session. Others assist the person in solving their own problems and do not fortell the future.

Many people believe that seeing a psychic is wrong, and many don't. Everyone has the right to their own beliefs. As for me, I don't think that seeing a psychic goes against any religion, unless your church expressly forbids it. These people are only people. There are good and there are bad, just as in any walk of life. Cautious wisdom will help you decide what you think, free of fear.

I don't mean to preach, but I feel that people need to speak up for those who have developed gifts that most of us have not.

So, I humbly suggest that you follow your intuition. I will tell you what a spiritual teacher once told me. She is psychic and used to give readings. Then one day she told me that she was no longer going to give psychic reading. After much prayer and meditation she came to the concluseion that if God wanted us to know the future, He would have told us. Sometmes it is appropriate for us not to know. However, it is fun, and sometimes consoling.

Good luck,and a big hug,
    Terry
    [This Message was Edited on 02/03/2006]
  5. angelstarr

angelstarr New Member

Well, I had a long post and I tried to look back for something and it got deleted so I guess I wasn't suppose to post it....LOL

Anyway my 2 cents is this. GOD gave scientists the ability to learn to treat diseases with medicines, he himself healed by laying on of hands. Billy Graham and all the TV preachers heal on national TV. So who is to say that this little tiny humble wonderful person that I know in a little town in the East cannot heal people by laying on of hands?

I CANNOT recite scripture, only maybe a couple verses that I live by. I am no expert. But I am a nurse and I have seen people heal themselves by sheer will. I have seen people endure pain and suffering without pain meds so they will be alert for family and friends. I have seen people relax at the sight of the last family member to arrive from far away and let go of their spirit. I have seen and heard the dying call out and reach for their passed on loved ones who have come to take them "home".
    I believe there is a heaven and we all will be united someday. I also believe that if these people like John Edward can offer comfort to the living that their loved ones are safe and content and watching over them and that there is "closure" to their tradgic death then so be it.

I Love my friend no matter what she does. We have known each other for 44 years. She has not a mean bone in her body. She is the most humble kind person I have ever met. Everything she does is for God. Wether others believe that or not is of no concequence to me. I have seen and experienced her healing abilities.

And that my friends is the rest of the story.

PS I do not want to step on anyone's toes. We live in a country that supports freedom of speach, and fredom of religion. Thank GOD for that.

HUGS
    ANGEL
  6. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

Just because a person can be accurate in a reading or healing doesn't mean its from God.

The difference is huge: God loves us, has a plan for our lives and He will never leave us or forsake us.

The enemy and his minions can mimic healings and even give correct readings but his ultimate goal is to kill, steal and destroy. John 10:10 if you want to look it up.

If you believe the Bible, when Satan was cast out and his legions of angels (demons now), what else would they be doing in this life? They hate God and their ultimate goal is to destroy what God has made.

Thankfully, the end has already been told and through Jesus Christ we are victorious over the enemy.

I renounced everything I ever did with any type of witchcraft; Ouija board, tarot cards, palm reading, seances, etc. When I did that, I found a warm and loving relationship with God. He gives us that choice to make.

Sandy
  7. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

As one of you said "I was looking for answers" so am I. I know who the author of confusion is. I thank each and every one of you for responding. My experience with a physic was about 14 years ago.Some of what you'all said was something I already knew but needed to be reminded. I had a few light bulb moments here.Thanks again. Dianne
  8. dononagin

dononagin New Member

My Great-Grandparents were "gypsys"... they immigrated here from Austria Hungery around the turn of the last century. I still have our family Crystal ball.. Now.. these "dirty gypsys" were very religious. My Grandmother's prized possesion was a greek orthodox Bible.
    They were very well educated, She spoke 13 languages fluently and he spoke 11.
    They believed that God gives the gift of prophecy.. and basically that is what physic's do.. they fortell the future..

I had my cards read after my divorce. I had been on my job for over 10 years, happily dating a dj.. life was good!
    She told me I was going to lose my job, the dj was going to dump me but not to cry for him that I would move away and there I would meet the man I was destined to be with.

Ok.. the following WEEK!! The DJ dumped me for a young groupee.. They announced a layoff at work. I worked for a factory and they sold the product line to another company. I was offered a supervisor job at the new company 3 hours away.. took the job and fell in love with my lead man. Everything she said came true within 6 months time.

Ok.. fast forward 11 years.. I'm still with the guy..
    I work in a restaurant. Thanksgiving my daughter worked with me and she was waiting on a customer when I walked into the room. This guy tells her that is your Mother.. She is like Yeah.. how did you know?

He says, she divorced your dad when you were very young.. Micaela says, Yeah but she has been living with her boyfriend since I was 4 and they are getting married this year..

He says NO.. They won't get married. He says, you hate your stepdad. Micaela says No.. I don't.. we don't always see eye to eye.. but I like him.. The guy says No.. call it what you will but there will be no wedding.

Ok.. about now Micaela is getting a little freaked out. The guest gets up to leave and his friend comes over and apologizes to Micaela telling her I'm sorry, this happens every where we go. He is a renowned physic from San Fransisco.

Ok.. Micaela and I laughed this off.. I really didn't think about it much.. until Micaela and Joe (my fiance) got in a fight yesterday.. I come home she is crying saying I can't live in the same house with him!! He is saying I can't live in the same house with her.. Of course my response was if you can't live with her you can't live with me.. She is my child.. We are at a semi-truce as of this morning.. but now it's got me wondering if there wasn't something to what the physic said..

I know alot of religions do not believe in physcic ability. I was taught from a young girl though that power of the mind is God given.. God gave us our brains to use and develop. Just as not everyone recieves all of the gifts promised by the spirit, it doesn't mean those gifts are not real. I think it is the same for esp, or prophocy.. Some people are blessed with a gift.

My grandparents were devout believers in God.. They did not practice any kind of devil worship, thought Ouji boards to be evil.. They went to church, belonged to the Masons.. They were wonderful people with a gift.

Now, I realize there are alot of fakes and phonys out there and there is alot of distortions.. I do understand those of you who think it's evil.. that's just not how I was brought up.
    hmmmm... I think I'll go have my cards read! lol!

I agree with Angel on the cross-over miracles. I have lost nearly every family member I have to cancer. The death of a cancer patient is very slow and they tend to cross back and forth during their last hours. I have seen many miracles with the death of my family and am convinced that we do have a God.. convinced that we do have an afterlife. It would be a very scary world to live in if we didn't have faith..

Luckily, in our great country there is room for diversity in our beliefs..

Love to all..
    dona
    [This Message was Edited on 02/03/2006]
  9. Zzzsharn

Zzzsharn New Member

Thanks for the info on your friend. I live in PA and am going to check out her site..

Sharon
  10. jarjar

jarjar New Member

But to the best of my knowledge one is not to bring their religion into this board. The post asked if anyone has seen a psychic. Not what ones religous views are. This is a board from people of a very diversified crowd.

God Bless You All

jar
  11. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

I normally don't discuss my Christian beliefs but the topic here is on spirituality so I figured I can share what I believe just like others have.

Sandy
  12. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

Along time ago my pastor's wife sent me to a woman that can look at your eyes and see what health problems you have and tell you about yourself.At that time I was heavy duty into being a Christian.You know santa is of the devil and all that stuff.I have since called back down.I was freaking people and myself out.But anyway, this woman told me about my gallbladder*I had it removed), I hurt my lower back(exboyfriend punched me and I feel on my back,never been the same since) she alos said I couldn't make up my mind as to what I wanted to with my furture.She was right on the money but due to my hate for santa at the time I was for certain she was an angel of the devil.LOL!Once I calmed my crazy self down and realized what Christianty is all about and it has nothing to do with fear,I was a better person and not judging anyone if they went trek or treting.LOL!
    I clled a psychic once and asked was my husband cheating on me.Long story but for many years I have been suspcious.She toldme that by the tone in my voice she would have to say no and then went on to tell me that I should not talk about things too much to others cause their are those that are out to sabatoge me.Which she is right.This is mainly my family.I still keep that one comment in mind.
    I also do beieve there is something to be said about zodiac signs.Why does all these things be declared part of the devil.God gave many gifts through out the bible.The only ones that say they have the gift to heal are these evangalist that are on tv smacking people in the head.
    One tried to smack my mother in law in the head.He just kept smakcing and smacking.It was funny.He pushed harder and harde and she wouldn't go down.LOL!

By the way I am an Aquarius.
    Sheila
  13. dononagin

dononagin New Member

lol!! I agree with Sue!
  14. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

think that a psychic only talks to the passed on's.
    There is a universe of personalities and gifts within each psychic. There are bad psychics out there, just like there are bad priests and pastors out there. In the old days the malechauvinism were dominating the societies and the religions. The controlling of the masses if you will. A strong woman for example
    who could "see through" what was really going on was a tremendous threat,
    wouldn't you think! I believe that's where all this "don't go to fortune tellers" yada comes from. It will keep the masses in place.
  15. dancingstar

dancingstar New Member

Wow, I guess the answer to the question is a resounding "yes." :) It seems like many of us have wandered down that path....