How many out there didn`t get back pay?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gmom605, Jul 27, 2006.

1. gmom605

gmom605 New Member

from ssd,,i didn`t,, i was one of them, but i was lucky to

get approved,, that`s what counts
  2. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

It is my understanding that once you have been approved the disability pay is retroactive to the date you applied. Any attorney's fee would be a percentage of the back pay. Did they give any explanation?

If you have not already, check with the Social Security office. There may be a time limit for any appeal you might need to file. Did you have an attorney?
  3. gmom605

gmom605 New Member

no attorney,they said because it took only 5 months to win , ,,,thanks for your reply,,shootingstar,,,
    ,,,gmom,,,
  4. dannybex

dannybex Member

I'd call and speak to someone else or perhaps try calling your attorney general's office or some free legal service. Sounds really fishy to me.
  5. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

I know here in Maine there is a 5 month waiting period between the time you cannot work/apply to the time you are eligible...

I applied in October 2004 but not eligible for backpay til March 05...

Did I explain this right? It seems right to me...

So the 5 months in which you waited since you applied was the waiting period, hence no back pay accumulated...

Be thankful dear...I am still waiting, but I guess will be happy with the backpay when I do get it which should be any day now...tehe
    [This Message was Edited on 07/29/2006]
  6. gmom605

gmom605 New Member

i applied in june-05 and won on nov-05 ,,and got my benefits in jan-06 but no back pay ,,and i have heard of others also didn`t get any back pay ,but oh well i guess
    i was one of the lucky ones who won in a short time
    others wait sooooo long ,but i keep those in my prayers
    all the time,,,,,,,gmom,,,,,,,
  7. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

Wow you got yours really fast. Just 5 months? You have a waiting period of 5 months that you don't get paid for. So if you got ok'd just 5 months after you appied, there wouldn't be any back pay.

Barb
  8. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

Maybe that is why there was no backpay.
  9. gmom605

gmom605 New Member

bumped,,,,,, gmom,,,,,