How many people have had this lifelong?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kat-E, Jul 13, 2008.

1. kat-E

kat-E New Member

I was reading this evening about those that have had this lifelong.

Chronic tonsilitis as a child, weaker than other children, not able to participate in sports, more susceptible to colds and infections than others, onset in 20's, etc.

I just found this to be interesting and wonder why some have late onset and others were seemingly born with this.

2. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

I've had digestive problems all my life and I used to get bad dizzy spells and sometimes pass out when I was a kid. I had blood tests taken all day when I was Kindergarten but they couldn't find anything wrong with me except low blood sugar.
    I came down with CFS when I was 20. So I guess I qualify.

I was always hypersensitive to poison oak and bee stings and have always had problems with meds too.

3. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I have had symptoms of FM and CFS since I was 3 years old. It is possible that they started before that but we can't remember that far back.

I have always had problems...was always sick and in pain as a child, it got worse through my teens and into my 20's...and then after my surgery at 28 it got very severe.
  4. jess

jess New Member

HI, I have had this since I was at least 4. I had my tonsils out then, due to constant sore throats. I always had stomach upsets and pain and got lots of colds, styes etc. I had mono at 7 but recovered. At least I thought I did. I started getting headaches and stomach, bladder problems as a teen. It's been downhill since. I have been tested for Lyme but my results were iffy. I do have a low cd-57 so my Dr. is trying some things. My digestion is really poor so he is first working on that. ANyhow, I do believe I was born with this whatever it is. Jess
  5. optimiss

optimiss New Member

I remember walking home from gradeschool and feeling so exhusted and weak I thought I'd never make it home! It wasn't constant but seemed to come and go. I also had trouble focusing and in high school I sometimes fell asleep in class! (Maybe that's not so unusual!)Hee Hee! I wasn't diagnosed with CFS until I was 24 but during my school years I would have terrible, chronic headaches and all kinds of tests were done but nothing was found. Also, whenever I got sick, colds, flu, etc., I got very sick and it seemed to hang on.
    The FM wasn't diagnosed till a few years after the CFS.
  6. frosty77

frosty77 New Member

Had this all my life too. Never had tonsil issues (still have my tonsils which is unusual as it seemed all kids got them out when I was young), but always had digestive issues (doctor diagnosed the stomach issues as me being nervous at age 2 - I was the most laid back kid on the planet!).

I participated in sports but sucked as I was a slow klutz, I was also got every cold and flu that appeared, bruised easily, was tested for mono at age 11, had chronic burning pain in my left heel for which I was handed a pair of crutches and told to stay off it a week (I tossed the crutches in my locker) and had chronic 'growing pains'.

I also spent a lot of time in the woods in the 60's and 70's in Massachusetts, so I imagine I was bitten my many things.