How many people have looked into whether they are allergic to any

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by genevieve, Nov 24, 2002.

1. genevieve

genevieve New Member

I just wondered how many people have looked into whether they are allergic to any foods and/or chemicals in their houses (eg toiletry things, washing powders/liquids, air fresheners,perfume, tap water, etc?)
    Allergies can cause a multitude of symptoms very similar to CFS/fibro (eg muscle and joint ache, brain fog, drained of energy,IBS,headaches etc etc) and so can make it all a lot worse than it might otherwise be,it is not a cure but can take a big load off your system and therefore help.
    Just wondered how many of us have looked into this and found they have allergies and to suggest to those that have n't that it might be a worthwhile avenue to look into.

Best wishes,

Genevieve
  2. genevieve

genevieve New Member

I just wondered how many people have looked into whether they are allergic to any foods and/or chemicals in their houses (eg toiletry things, washing powders/liquids, air fresheners,perfume, tap water, etc?)
    Allergies can cause a multitude of symptoms very similar to CFS/fibro (eg muscle and joint ache, brain fog, drained of energy,IBS,headaches etc etc) and so can make it all a lot worse than it might otherwise be,it is not a cure but can take a big load off your system and therefore help.
    Just wondered how many of us have looked into this and found they have allergies and to suggest to those that have n't that it might be a worthwhile avenue to look into.

Best wishes,

Genevieve
  3. lucky

lucky New Member

As far as I know most of us with CFS or FMS suffer from a lot of allergies due to our dysfunct immune system. The environmental allergies, plus many others play a very big role in our illnesses. Kind regards, Lucky
  4. beans

beans New Member

Allergys was the second thing I researched in the early 1990's.
    I read books did food rotations and could not get a handle my allergies.

I had too many food allergys to find them my self.

So I went to an Allergist.

I was his most extreme patient at the time.
    I only was left with 12 foods that I was not allergic too that he tested me for.
    He could not treat me for foods.
    I had to avoid them or rotate diet.

He told me in 1991? that I also had CFS.

He could not promise a cure .

I took three 3 years of allergy shots.

Got to know what I was allergic to and had to rethink what sorta of stuff I was using in my home etc.

I know now what foods trigger stomach and bowel problems and decide in accord with that what I will eat.

I ate on a can of cashews for a few days knowing full well that they would cause an irritable bowel.
    So if I do some thing crazy like that I pay for it.

Some things I can eat in moderation others I can not eat.

One of the big things that PA people at almost daily was Potatoes now I can only have them from time to time.
    Cause irritable bowel.

The first place that's easy for every body is to do is rid your bed of all feather pillows or covers.

One funny lesson learned if I ever became a parent if a child hates to eat some foods don't push them on them at a young age I was always sick and I did not feel well on certain foods.
    I was too long to explain this to my mom.
    I knew milk made flem in my throat.

This often frustrated my mom and she at times tried to force me to eat them.

Even dumping foods on my head and promising me yummy foods and then doctoring them up with milk and so I would not eat.

Almost those foods I hated all a kid I am allergic too.

I loved green peas I am not allergic to peas.

Beans

[ advertisement ]