how many people have side affects from tubal ligation

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by srosepetal77, Nov 3, 2002.

1. srosepetal77

srosepetal77 New Member

why am i asking is because i had one and since thin pms is worse about everything mood swings and heavy, light ,cramping wrist have even got worse memory to
    among others[This Message was Edited on 11/03/2002]
  2. srosepetal77

srosepetal77 New Member

why am i asking is because i had one and since thin pms is worse about everything mood swings and heavy, light ,cramping wrist have even got worse memory to
    among others[This Message was Edited on 11/03/2002]
  3. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

and when I asked my doctor about why my PMS was so much WORSE..she said, "Oh yeah, it does get worse after you have your tubes tied."

Thanks doc!!

Marilyn :)
  4. j9miller

j9miller New Member

I had a tubal ligation in 1992. I have had nothing but problems since. My periods were worse, cramps, PMS, etc. Then this last January I started skipping every other period. Then in June I started my period on the 11th and by the 24th was still bleeding ... very heavy. My doctor gave me a shot of depo-provera and progesterone. This stopped the bleeding two days later. Then on July 24 I started bleeding heavy again. I had a D&C on August 1 and have been bleeding since. 103 days as of today, all this while taking 20 mg of Provera a day (which should stop the bleedin). I have had ultrasounds, blood work and a sonohystrogram. There are no fibroids. The dr that did the sonohystrogram asked if I had my tubes tied. When I said yes, she said she sees this alot. Hormone problems after the tubal. Uugh!!! I have had it with this heavy, long bleeding. I see my GYN on Novemebr 12 and hopefully he will schedule an endrometrial ablation (which destroys the uterine lining), or a hysterectomy. I cannot wait for this all to end.

Janine
  5. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

Checked your profile and I like the order you have your priorities in. I seldom see this. It looks like you really have your head and heart on straight.

[This Message was Edited on 11/03/2002]
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I never had any problems. My periods had always been irregular and that didn't change.

Love, Mikie
  7. srosepetal77

srosepetal77 New Member

I have so many problems after but before i would have csyt in my ovaries and then after my breast nowe there getting smaller in the last two monthes half a size which it depresses me because It's my husbands favorite because he's a boob man if this keeps up I won't have any left which my husband says there fine but I am heart broken because of it. also when I have my periods there is always something new that come with it pain in breast major fatigue and among other things it makes me so mad i get rif of one thing and have a million other side effects and oh my mood swings are so bad all the time now.
  8. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

Had a tubal ligation in 1987 when I was only 33..I can't really say I put anything together as far as the tubal and how I feel..Although my PMS is worse, but no one ever told me that could happen with tubals..
    Now I'm at the age of perimenoupause.....WOWEEEEEEEEEEEE!!
    FUN, FUN, FUN,------------------lol.........
    Take Care...........Donna
  9. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

And it's a good thing I don't have any weapons on me today!!

#_%@#&%+@#^(!#^&^%^ BN!K@OP&*&)%_%

Fried in MN,
  10. lassiecass

lassiecass New Member

Hello Srosepetal,
    I had my tubes tied in the early eighties. I think I was around 34 or so. I am now in my mid-fifties. Yes, all symptoms of the period got really bad. In my mid forities I started having hot flashes and really heavy periods with much pain and cramping. I asked my the old man Dr. if it was possible that I was starting early menopause. He laughed and said no way and wouldn't even test me. I started haveing periods every three weeks and was really sick. He finally retired when I was forty-nine and I went to a new lady Dr. She tested me and sure enough the hormones were completely out of wack and did an ultra-sound and found many fibrods in and around my female parts. A week before my 50th birthday she preformed a complete hysterectomy. What a relief, the ovaries were completely atrophied and were not produceing any estrogen. From what she said this is very common in tubals. Who knew? I have been so much happier and free from all the female monthly pain. In answere to your question, yes it can make a difference.
  11. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

This just goes to show you how ignorant your doctor is AND many others. Quite often, usually about 2 years after a tubaligation or partial hyst, the ovaries will shut down, and that would start menopause. Doctors don't know as much as they think or should!

12. queenbee69

queenbee69 New Member

I had my tubial in 1979...i like mikie have had no problems.......queenbee69
  13. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

A new mini procedure allows the doc to implant a metal coil in the tube via a small scope. In time, scar tissue will form around the coil and block the tube. I wouldn't let them do this to me for anything. Scar tissue in the body can be a problem. I would bet donuts to dollars that down the road the women who elect this surgery will have problems.

Perimenopause didn't hit me til 10 years after the tubal. It took about three times the normal dose of estrogen to settle me down enough that I could sleep through the night without waking from night sweats. I evidently had been waking, feeling warm for about a year and a half but never woke enough to know it. This was just one more stress on my body that hurried me along the old FMS/CFS highway. I just kept getting more and more tired until I relented and let the doc prescribe the HRT.

I am now fully menopausal and have cut my dose to 1/6 of what it was during perimenopause. Hang in there, Ladies, there is life after menopause. It gets easier, especially when the periods stop completely. Funny thing, I have never had a hot flash during all this. I'm lucky.

I will be having the discussion with my doc when I see him regarding the hormones. I get heart palpitations if I go off the HRT.

Love, Mikie
  14. TracyV

TracyV New Member

due to etopic pg. Since I lost the last one I've started having terrible pms and crampy period. This month I started HRT because I have started early premenopause, I'm 38, It has helped so much, I just couldn't live like that another day, the hot flashes and moodiness was just too much for me, it has gotten really extreme. My doctor said it's common for women to do this after losing their tubes.
    Hugs,
    Tracy
  15. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Many women begin perimenopause around the age of 35, so to do so at age 38 is not considered "early."

Love, Mikie
  16. srosepetal77

srosepetal77 New Member

I'm sorry but the normal age is late 40 to early fifties i've learned abbout this last couple weeks when you get a tubal it startup menopause early also i have the signs of it the fevers fatigue among other things I don't know but my health has gotten worse since my tubal
  17. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

Menopause normally starts in the late 40's or early 50's, but perimenopause starts in your 30's and some women have experienced it in their TWENTIES!! Quite often we are in perimenopause and don't realize it. We just think life sucks and everyone else thinks we are real b*tchs! He he.....

Yikes!
  18. TracyV

TracyV New Member

gyn and reproductive specalist that it's not normal. I believe it may be happening more this days, just like infertility rates are on the rise. It's more than likely because of tubal ligation and infertilty treatments, I know I most likely used up all my eggs going thru the infertilty treatments, when we are born we have our eggs and we just don't produce anymore. Too bad, we were thinking of having another child before this happened.
    Hugs,
    Tracy
  19. allhart

allhart New Member

i think ive seen some of those premen,signs that where mentioned well just one the bit**ness
    JUST KIDDING !
    had to say it,
  20. BonBons

BonBons New Member

I myself have realized any trauma (surgeries, severe illnesses, etc.) really cause my flare-ups. My resilience is not what it was. For example, I am just beginning to heal from a complex shoulder surgery which I think triggered my neck issues (or at least exacerbated them). I know some of these modalities are necessary, but really cannot stress enough how much time we REALLY need to allow for healing (forget the 6-8 week doctor recommendations!)
    BonBons