How many people share your name in the U.S. find out here

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bevy2most, Apr 23, 2008.

1. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

No personal info is needed except your name.

Go to this web site
    Put in your first and last name and see how many people in the USA have
    your name as well.

There are 404,737 people that share my first name, only 486 that share my last name, and my last name is ranked 53211 in most popular last names. I am the only one in the U.S. with my name.

Have fun,
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hey! That was interesting. I'm the only one w/ my name too.

As is pointed out, of course, the figures are not completely accurate. What well is in this life?

I have never met anyone w/ my first name, altho I have heard of two others. One was an atty who played a rather minor role in the O.J. Simpson case.

My son is named Christopher. I didn't want him to have to be repeating and spelling his name frequently. When I order a pizza or make a reservation, I use the name Sam.

3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

My first name is Susan and there are over a million of us...not surprising. It's the 25th most popular name...

My last name is not that common, but there are 121 people with my name.

My first husband had a very, very common last name...think I'll try that.

Thanks for the fun.
  4. stick2013

stick2013 Member

281,129 share my first name....6078 share my last name....6 have my full name.

Interesting site....
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I know without checking both my names are very common!!!

In New Jersey when we bought a house there, they search criminal records for anyone in the State with the same name. None came back for Dan, but I got about 60 sheets of paper and all these women had criminal records!!! I had to sign each one proclaiming it was not me in order to close on the house-it is to safeguard people selling homes to someone who is a cheat I guess!!! The lady we bought from had two criminal procedings against her for non payment of taxes is all, but how embarrassing!!!

It does not matter the birth date, birth records or social don't match either.

And Nancy we were plagued for months with a woman with the same name who owed money to American Eagle-we would get calls all day and night from credit companies so much so I offered to settle her account just to stop the calls!!!

Previously, there was a woman in another town who owed the elctric company around $2,000 and we had a really hard time signing up for service as they would not believe me either until I went in in person and signed an affa davit.

It is horrendous. My previous married name was very unusual but there again so was the first hubby(crazy!!!)

Love Annie
  6. frosty77

frosty77 New Member

I'm so common - there are 478,679 with my first name, 847,946 with my last, and 1,336 with first and last.

There are 0 people with my maiden name - guess all my relatives do not exist!!
  7. Doober

Doober New Member

first name was very common. over 1.4 million with my first name. 20th in the all time list.

My last name shows 0 people. The name was not in the database, but I do know that it is a rare last name and less than 400 people across the country with the name and we are all related.
  8. victoria

victoria New Member

I think their data base needs to be fixed? I got 0 hits for my last name so it didn't include even me either.

My last name is unusual, but I know there's at least 60-80 of us listed in US somewhere by now, now that kids have gotten older at least.

I did an overall US telephone book search when I first got on the internet years ago (before cell phones were so common) and got 40 hits then...

;) Thanks tho, it was a fun try!