How Many Take Aspirin For Pain Everyday?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Dec 10, 2008.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

I take Bufferin for pain everyday along with xanax, I know I need something else but these are the only two drugs that take the edge off without side effects.

I usually take 2 Bufferin in the morning and 2 in the evening and up to 2 mg of xanax a day divided into four doses.

Just wondering if Aleve or Tylenol , which I have never taken, would be easier on my stomach. I do have Darvocet but I am allergic to codein so not sure if I can take them. I do need something for pain that is easy on my stomach but what to try. The Bufferin seems to help but concerned about my stomach. Oh, my doc isn't very helpful i need to find a new one but don't have the energy..He says take whatever helps its all bad..

2. Empower

Empower New Member

I take Excedrin which is a BIG mistake. I am very sensitive to meds, so I don't take any prescription strength pain relievers

I have taken Excedrin for so long, I think I have damaged my stomach, as I am now having stomach pain

Doctors say Tylenol is better, (for your stomach) but it does nothing for me. Also, then you have to worry about your liver.

I am not quite sure what to do

I am trying Acupuncture in 2 hours, to see if I can start alleviating some of the pain and not have to rely on the Excedrin!!!

3. star273

star273 New Member

It helps with the pain so much better then alot of things and I wont take a prescription anti-inflam until I absolutly have too. I also take the xanax too. It takes the edge off. Here is one thing you can do... my dr suggested that I take an over the counter zantac or something so that I dont get stomach ulcers from the aspirin... since I have been taking it, my tummy feels so much better.
    Hope this helps.
  4. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

I think Aleve is naproxen, which we can only get in Canada with a prescription, I take it sometimes and find it helps, but you must take it with food, or it can be very hard on the stomach. Personally, I find Tylenol does nothing, except for Tylenol 3, but if you are allergic to codeine that's out.

So I'd give the Aleve a try, just make sure to have it with food.

5. jmq

jmq New Member

I use to LIVE on Excederins. I mean every four hours a day when I was working full time. I was lucky to never get an ulcer or even stomach pain...but I did bruise alot. Now I take Tramadol for pain and it works. Sometimes I take one tramadol and one excederin and it works well. The caffine in the excederin gives me alittle kick of energy sometimes.

I never found Aleve or tylenol to do anything for my pain.

Good Luck gg !
  6. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

Hi jam,
    Can you explain how this works, and the pendulum test also?? I saw on one drs website, he muscle tests. Still dont know much about it

Thanks, kat