How many take Sam e?????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rainbowluv, Aug 31, 2005.

1. rainbowluv

rainbowluv New Member

Hi, I am thinking about giving it a try; I know it's not cheap, but a few of my friends sware by it. I see it at Sams Club (I know it's cheaper there than other stores) in California anyway. Also I guess you have to stay on it for atleast two months before you notice anything or not??? I am trying to taper off of fioricet; it doesn't help my severe headaches anymore (I think it is only rebounding now) Fioricet helped me big time for four years. I will be talking with my Doctor. I want to taper off the right way. Now the klonopin, that has made the biggest difference for me. Sleep.............!!!!!! If any one has info on sam e I would appreciate the info.

Take Care
  2. Pen-hen

Pen-hen New Member

I used to take SAM-E, for two years, 2 a day, really help me alot. For the first time was able to sleep, no pain at all, full of energy ! I still had problems, but SAM-E made my life better.

But, not just any SAM-E well work !! Nature Made is the one that I used. Also, you can join Nature Made, collect points, get coupons for $7.00 a month.

I brought mine at Costco.

I don't take SAM-E no more because I was getting sick, sysmtons where coming back, and just quit working for me.

But do it a try, during the time I was on it, it really change my life around.

Hopes this well help you !

Norma
  3. rainbowluv

rainbowluv New Member

for the reply, and info. I figure it can't hurt to try it. take care
    Kathy
  4. abbylee

abbylee New Member

And it didn't mix well with my other meds. I turned into a witch with a "b," just ask my husband!! And I knew it, but couldn't do anything about it!!

abbylee
  5. fifthofanickel

fifthofanickel New Member

you have any gut issues, ie; IBS, colitis, candida, etc. I tried it for about 6wks or so, & had a horrible reaction to it..Must have taken awhile to build up in my system.

I had horrible abdominal pain that lasted thru one nite, & abdominal discomfort for about 5days, where I couldn't get up out of the recliner or bed..It seemed I had to be stretched out, in order to be half way comfortable..

I'm just getting over another (not so horrible) attack which I contribute to a residual effect in my body from the Sam-e..I'm thinking it will take anywhere from 6mos to a year to clear out...

It says on the label, "May cause GI upset"...I would strongly recommend if you have ANY gut issues to rethink trying it..I'm here to tell you, it was NO fun going thru all of this...

Good luck in finding a solution for yourself...
    Fifth