How many tested positive for xmrv?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hensue, Jan 18, 2010.

1. hensue

hensue New Member

Any of us who have been labeled fibromyalgia have you been tested and was it negative or positive?

Try to see what symptoms we have in common if you tested positive for xmrv.

I tested positive main four symptoms would be pain, sleep, fatigue and cognitive issues.

The pain is usually 24 hours after doing some physical or mentally that we knew we should not do.
    Then I have flu like symptoms for one or two days. That put me to bed.
  2. hensue

hensue New Member

As far as treatment as soon as the test is validated. I am sure we will have huge drug companies working on treatment right now. As one of the researchers said there could be treatment on the shelf. They have to validate the test. From what I understand or hear. Hopefully this year we will have a fda approved test.

My doctor says as far as he is concerned it is definitely a diagnostic tool for fibromyalgia.

He sees something serious wrong where he did not before. He is cautious and a man of Science.

I told him something had to be causing this type of pain and fatigue we all have.

I understand they also need a reliable validated test to check the blood supply.

So much of this is being said in the cfs or Chronic fatigue syndrome or ME community.
    My guess we have a lot of it right here.

I figured the sooner I got tested or anyone the sooner we would get treament.

3. hensue

hensue New Member

In a lecture With one of the researchers in Florida she said her HIV patients do better than chronic fatigue.
    I think they said 3 to 4 % of healthy control have tested positive.
    No retrovirus is not good but then again we have no life now. As you get older it gets worse for me anyway.
    If we find something now we can treat it and hopefully our children and Grandchildren will never get it. Or could have an immunization to prevent it. Or medication that is proven if they did get it. I dont think fibromyalgia is going away and I dont think we will all test positive.
    That is why I wondering what actual symptoms that we have in common that carry the virus.
    There are subsets from what I understand only certain people will carry the xmrv virus.
    I think about half on the Phoenix rising website for chronic fatigue there is a poll and some are testing negative.

4. hensue

hensue New Member

It was all about xmrv and what she new about it. Also other studies going on about xmrv.
  5. skeptik2

skeptik2 Member

you can go to the scientist site, at wpinstitute dot org, ok? Yes,
    their is only one "i" in their site name, even tho they are the
    Whittemore Peterson Institute.

All your questions can be answered there, and the lead
    scientist (Dr. Mikovits) is giving a live webinar here on PH
    Friday, from 2-4pm Pacific time, as it's in California.

There is only research now, but this will be THE year to
    learn a lot more about CFS, so hang in there, will you?

Hugs to you,
  6. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member is in the same family as HIV but a very different virus - more like a very stripped down, bare-bones version of a retrovirus. it doesnt replicate much at all but may be doing damage in other one knows yet.