how many use bit guards for griding and does it help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Charleen, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Charleen

Charleen New Member

I am looking into sleep right bit guard as I clench 24/7. I am just wondering how many have use it and does it help?
    Thanks
    Charleen
  2. wildflowers2

wildflowers2 New Member

I have 2, one just for the thm and the other for sleep apnea.
    YES< they do work, I got my at my dentist for$ 300.00.
    ( both were 300.00 each)

I love mine. instead of them trying to suck me into getting a cpap machine, I opted out ofr the dental guard.

also called a 'snore guard'. works great,

I have even worn mine during the day as when I get irratated I grind my teeth. Which lately has been alot...Ha..ha..

I got turned down from LTD.(Going to write th pres. a letter on what I thing of the rat0 B*&^%$#S......and take it to the press all over the country.

Check with your dentist.

the over the counter one costs $30.00 and it it doesnt fit right they replace it for you.

Best of luck

Wildflowers2

3. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

klonopin also helps with grinding your teeth
    glenda
  4. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

I really need one of these deals. I don't grind, but I clench very hard. My upper teeth are sore sometimes when I wake up, and I wake up with them clenched. I was thinking about getting a mouth piece like boxers use? Course I think I might try to swallow them.....

Regards,

Andy
  5. blkkat

blkkat New Member

i use my old bleach try, everynight. it works but i need another one pretty soon. BLKKAT
  6. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

I have a custom made one which cost my insurance $400 many years ago.(just the top one) It was for my TMJ syndrome.Fast forward to at least a decade,my enamel is now gone(I did not wear it for about a yr. in between).My teeth are VERY short and uneven.It just is not good at all.No pain yet but my only option now is dentures.Last yr. my dentist said I could get them fixed without dentuees but it would cost me over $20,000 worth of crowns.Never happening with no insurance.I still have teeth but when I smile normal,you do not see my top teeth.*sigh* Not happy.
  7. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

I was going to order some off the net last night ($49.99), but I got to thinking about checking with me ole drugstore!

Andy
  8. rpatzer

rpatzer New Member

There is no physical reason to grind the teeth. Grinding is caused by emotional stress. Most of the grinding occurs at night when we are asleep and the subconscious takes over. During the day we can usually control it with little or no grinding. However, there are some who grind strongly even during the day.
    By using a bite guard, while you are not having teeth on teeth, you are still grind the teeth on this plastic plate. The masseter muscles are still working the same and the enamel on the teeth will still be ground off/down. You will still wake up with sore mouth muscles. The advantage is it is not so loud as teeth on teeth and your partner will like that better. You need to reduce the stress in your life before the grinding will stop. A common occurance/etiology with grinding is night-mares.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/09/2007]