How Many With CFS Have No Depression/Anxiety, How Many Do?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Oct 13, 2008.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

Honestly lately my depression/anxiety is so much worse than my cfs symptoms. Oh, how I wish I could tolerate AD's or something natural would work.

Just wondering how many have this with CFS and how many don't and how you are coping.

God Bless,
  2. greatgran

greatgran Member

3. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

Yep, I have them all, plus FM. I take Prozac, Effexor, Depokote, and Ativan for dep/anx. I also go see a therapist when I can afford it.

I actually got hit w depression before I was diagnosed w FM/CFS. It's in my gene pool from my father's side of the family. I actually know now that I was depressed a lot as a child.
  4. vickiw

vickiw Member

I don't suffer from anxiety or depression, other than would be normal for certain situations (for example, I had anxiety about losing my job and medical benefits when my CFS became so bad).

My husband went through a bad spell with anxiety/depression this past winter and it was absolutely agonizing to see him go through that. I can see how it could be worse than the CFS/ME.
  5. greatgran

greatgran Member

Hermitlady, sorry you have the depression. Do your meds help? I am only on xanax which is not helping very much.

I don't seem how you do it with your two special children.I tried keeping my greatgrans but haven't been able to in a couple of months. I feel I am becoming bedridden and housebound again.

Haven't been able to tolerate AD's but something has to be done I am getting so much worse with the CFS and depression/anxiety.

Vick, count your blessings that you don't have the depression as the cfs is bad enough.

Thanks and God bless,
  6. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I don't suffer from depression or anxiety, thank goodness. I DO get down when I'm in the grip of a bad relapse but its not depression.

I'm so sorry for all of you who have to go through that.

7. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

i have suffered from major depression / bipolar / some ocd / anxiety / various personality disorders for many years.

now that my CFS / brain fog is slowly improving, my feelings are becoming unmuted and all the old stuff is flooding back :(

but it's still better than having CFS!

8. WhoSaid

WhoSaid New Member

I don't think that depression or anxiety are out of the normal for the situation range.
    We have all gone through situations that were painful but in time we heal the wounds and move on.
    We have all had times when we are anxious over something or other and we get past these times too.
  9. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Greatgran - have you tried 5-htp or l-tryptophan? Both are amino acids which help the brain produce serotonin and can help with anxiety/depression.

I can't tolerate ADs either, but do very well with 5-htp and l-tryptophan. I don't take them both at the same time, but have used both at different times. Right now am using l-tryptophan.

10. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

I have general anxiety that is not triggered by anything specific. I have depression when i am overwhelmed with my worst.
  11. hensue

hensue New Member

What is the mucscle test also, do you know the amino acid l-theanine? now what is that suppose to help?
  12. Engel

Engel New Member

I have: Depression, anxiety, ADD, CFS & FMS