How many with EDS/Joint Hypermobility?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TerriM, Oct 6, 2002.

1. TerriM

TerriM New Member

Prior to finding out that I have CFS (after the first 12 doctors) I found out that I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. I am lucky and it isn't an extremely bad case, but explains many problems I've had throughout my life -- sensitivity to medications/cleaners/etc., knee surgery, back problems, problems having my blood taken, low blood pressure, blotchy skin and they tell me whites in my eyes that look light blue compared to other people without EDS. I don't have flat feet, but understand that is another sign.

I have now seen several articles linking EDS/Joint hypermobility to CFS and wondered how many of you out there have that as well. Sounds like it makes people vulnerable to getting CFS.

Take Care,
  2. TerriM

TerriM New Member

Prior to finding out that I have CFS (after the first 12 doctors) I found out that I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. I am lucky and it isn't an extremely bad case, but explains many problems I've had throughout my life -- sensitivity to medications/cleaners/etc., knee surgery, back problems, problems having my blood taken, low blood pressure, blotchy skin and they tell me whites in my eyes that look light blue compared to other people without EDS. I don't have flat feet, but understand that is another sign.

I have now seen several articles linking EDS/Joint hypermobility to CFS and wondered how many of you out there have that as well. Sounds like it makes people vulnerable to getting CFS.

Take Care,
  3. Hippo

Hippo New Member

I don't have any info on statistics, but I was told by a rheumatologist that I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, and I do have flat feet also.

Hippo
  4. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I have hypermobile joints and have to be esp. careful of my knees. If I stand up really straight, they go out the back way and it hurts!
    Klutzo