How many with FMS have had a lot of dental work as a kid?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fight4acure, Dec 6, 2006.

  1. fight4acure

    fight4acure Member

    I know I had a lot of dental work done. I had so many cavities, and I lost count, but you can see them when I say ahhhhhhhhhhhhh with all the metal in my mouth

    Did you have a lot of dental work done as a kid? Did they use a big nose of gas on you or use needle injections?

    Did they use the old mercury stuff or the plastic stuff they have now?
  2. Smiffy

    Smiffy Member

    Yes I've had loads of dental work as a kid - we used to be given mercury fillings in the UK in the 1950s to 'strengthen' our teeth. My teeth are a terrible mess now & I'm slowly having all the back ones removed as they are so heavily filled.

    The very concept of putting this poison into childrens' mouths makes me shudder.

    Neary forgot to say they used gas then.
    [This Message was Edited on 12/07/2006]
  3. Pianowoman

    Pianowoman New Member

    I had a lot of fillings as an older child and a teenager. They used the injectable freezing on me.
    Now I have high mercury levels and have had my amalgam fillings replaced.

    Kathy
  4. abcanada

    abcanada New Member

    Hi, I worked for a dentist about 7 years ago who went crazy trying to get eveyone to replace thier amalgam fillings. Well let me tell you after seeing the amalgam dust that went down peoples throats and now understanding how toxic mercury is. I don't know if they've come up with a way to avoid this. Could this maybe be why some of you have high mercury levels? Worth a thought, laura
  5. AllWXRider

    AllWXRider New Member

    Me too.

    Mercury weakens the immune system and kills healthy bacteria in the large intestine. The healthy bacteria produce enzymes that are VITAL to digestion and dissolving the protien coat of many viruses.
    Reference: http://www.enzymedica.com/pdf/probio.pdf

    I'm fighting off EBV & CMV. I'm also chelating mercury using DMSA. http://www.1to1vitamins.com/products/dmsa.html

    The gas used was Nitrous Oxide or Laughing Gas. It's used as a harmless propellant in whipped cream and in race engines as an oxidizer.
  6. tandy

    tandy New Member

    as a kid and as an adult.
    They just keep on comin!
    Lets just say that every tooth in my head has a filling!
    some tiny,..some huge fillings.

    Silver in the big chewing teeth. (back teeth)
    and whiter/bonding material in the front ones.
    I have always gotten injections.

    I hate dental work!! bad experiences.
  7. NyroFan

    NyroFan New Member

    fight4acure:

    I had much dental work as a child. It was all mercury.
    For cavities I never used injections or gas.

    As an adult I have had one dental problem after another.
    It runs in my family.

    I still have some mercury that is ancient. Some have been re-done with the newer material.

    nyrofan
  8. CanBrit

    CanBrit Member

    I had a lot done in Britain when I was a child. About half of them have been replaced now with the newer filling material.

    Extractions were usually done under gas and fillings with needles...well not all the time. It explains my horrific fear of dentists.

  9. krchamp

    krchamp New Member

    I didn't have a lot of dental work at all. Just went to my check up appointments. I am 34 and still to this day I haven't had a cavity.
  10. SusanEU

    SusanEU New Member

    I have a mouthful of amalgam.

    Sue
  11. spartanjt

    spartanjt New Member

    If you search on past posts on this board using the words "mercury" or "amalgam" you will find lots of excellent discussion/info re the dangers of amalgams.

    Research has shown that the mercury in those amalgams eventually finds its way out of the tooth & into various body organs including the brain.

    Getting all the info you can & then working w/a dentist who has experience w/amalgam removal & replacement is a wise choice.

    As to the previous post re. inhaling & swallowing the mercury from old amalgams during the removal process,,,,,there is special equipment used by experienced dentists to do the removal & also other safeguards taken that will ensure the safety of the process.

    Remember though, that the removal/replacement is just the first step to removing the mercury,,,,,the next & more difficult part is slowly getting the mercury & other metals stored there, out of the body. The health benefits of going through this can be tremendous.

    Mercury is a dangerous toxin & ridding the body of it can give you a chance to allow the body to begin to heal.
  12. fight4acure

    fight4acure Member

    Can anyone explain substance p and Nitric Oxide and how they are related to FMS?

    For those who had Nitrous Oxide during dental procedures, do you think that might have contributed to your illness? I tend to wonder after reading this website on Substance P. Are our dentists possibly poisoning us at a young age?

    Makes me wonder...

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Substance_P


    I know the two gasses are different, Nitrous Oxide is the laughing gas and Nitric Oxide is the gasy chemical that can kill you, but can a chemical reaction occur?

    Okay, now this sounds weird, just laugh, lol

    [This Message was Edited on 12/07/2006]