HOW MANY WOMEN HAD KIDS LATER IN LIFE(birth or adopted)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cromwell, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Just to support Rainfreyer and her 43 age pregnancy, who else had later in life babies(either birth or adopted?) I had my last child at 47, he is 11 now. Apart from the FM/CFS interferring I love having this child, even though he has special needs, he keeps me motivated for sure, and has been a true blessing to us. Not something I had planned at all. I think we do have some other older moms and grandma's raising grandchildren on this site as well as adoptive moms. Thought link may help Rainfreyer.
    Love Anne
  2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

and was often called their "grandma" by well-meaning people in stores. Didn't exactly make my day, but they didn't know. I now have a 2 year old grandchild and my twins are 10...it's fun!
  3. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

for me because I'm 38 and still no kids. It's scarier at this age, I'm considered high risk now. Though I want to add, even though Rain is older, she's had children before so it isn't as risky as a first.

I'm esp. interested to know who all had thier FIRST child in their 30's or 40's?

Jeanne
  4. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I had my twin daughters when I was 38. They are my first and only children.

I always thought I would have twins because my grandmother had two sets of twins, and my mom was one of them. So I figured with the every other generation thing, I was destined to have twins. The spooky thing is that it is fraternal twins that run in families. It is the tendency to super-ovulate (ovulate more than one egg at a time) that runs in families. My girls are identical, which DOESN'T run in families. Weird, huh?

I guess I was destined to have twins, one way or another! Lucky me!

Having children when you are older has its pros and cons. I can't keep up with them as much as I'd like, but that's okay. They do just fine with each other and with friends.

The best part is that I have much more patience and knowledge than when I was younger. The wisdom that comes with life experience is a good piece to have in place when you have kids.

I feel like I appreciate every step of their development more than if I were younger. I'm just more conscious of myself, others and my surroundings than I used to be. More in tune.

I also feel like I have more to offer them in terms of what I know. When they ask me how to deal with a jerky little boy or girl at school, I can give them more options, because I've been through it (many times). I'm glad I waited. They are priceless, and I can't imagine my life without them.

Katy
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Don't know how to bump. Just answer and say Bump? I'd love to hear more replies.
    Anne
  6. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

He was the youngest of my 3.Jordan has brothers and sisters in their 30's and a couple in their 40's.Boy is he spoiled.Just got a car from one sister!Linda
  7. Juloo

Juloo Member

And I was born when my mother was 32.

And SHE was born when her mother was 39.

We've only got three generations in a century.
  8. WoodstocksMusic

WoodstocksMusic New Member

my first son was born.... 35 years old with my second one...

I agree that by waiting until I was older I had much more patience...Nobody loses hearing over a cup of spilt milk...we just discuss how it could have been prevented while we work together to clean it up!
  9. chazzsmom99

chazzsmom99 New Member

this one!! good topic.

I was 35 when my son was born--now 41...When I first found out I was pregnant, I thought about getting rid of it, or adopting him out. So glad I didn't!! He is my joy, my life. On the days I feel old, I go play with him or read to him. He makes it worthwhile to keep going.
    Older moms have it over the younger ones, I think, cuz we have more patience, more willingness to slow down and enjoy!

Peggi

ps--I tried to bump it!!!

[This Message was Edited on 02/01/2006]
  10. whoachief

whoachief New Member

Had my first at age 21, second at 24, third at 29. Got legal guardianship of another at 39, adopted one at 43 and two more at 44. GEESH! LOL I do find that I am much more patient with the little ones at my "older?" age. Not sure if it is my age, the fact that my health is not good, the fact that I don't work outside the home now or a combination of all.
  11. MKlady

MKlady New Member

I've had three - a son now 24, a daughter now 21 and a daughter now 10. I'm 54 and loving having a younger child. As others said, I'm calmer and more patient and loving. Have dealt with my own "issues" and so the only thing that's hard is the FMS and CFS. But we have lots of cuddle, talking and movie time which I wouldn't have if I was working as hard as I used to. I just hope I can get somewhat better before she's a teen. I wouldn't have the energy to deal with it today :)
  12. DanaC65

DanaC65 New Member

3 bio children, Chris 24, Kim, 23 and Daniel 21 and the adopted Joshua at birth he is 3.....SO DONE
  13. russiankids3

russiankids3 New Member

When we adopted our kids I was 36 and my husband was 44. When we finally adopted our daughter I was 38, hubbie 46. We had adopted older kids so it's not so bad for me agewise. Hubbie almost 50 so he's a little tired now and then.

I'm glad we were older when we finally had kids. More mature, finished paying all college loans, had saved a good deal of money, making decent salaries, etc.

Now my Mom was 45 when she had her last little suprise package. She and Dad were a little upset--she was going through menopause and presto!! They had 5 older kids at the time ,so we helped out a lot and God, is my youngest sister spoiled!!

As you can see from replies so far, many had kids later in life and the media is always telling us that 30 is the new 40(or something like that).

Sue
  14. lease79

lease79 New Member

Well I had my first at a week over 18, 2nd at 19, 3rd at 21 & 4th at 23 :p But if I am anything like My Mother & her Mother I will end up having another one between 38 & 43. It's family tradition :eek:

My Nan had her first child at 23 & her 4th at 32. She then had an 11 year gap before my Mother came along as a 'surprise' at 43 ;) On top of that, she pretty much raised me & my younger sister whilst in her 60's & now is a very important part of my children's lifes at 88. She is still independant & says that she hasn't had time to grow old with all the children in her life :D

My Mum had me at 21 & my younger sister at 25. She then divorced & met my Stepdad when I was 11. She fell pregnant with my younger brother at 38 & he was born in April '97, 7 months before my eldest daughter :D They are very close friends.

So although I don't have any plans to have more children in the future it will be interesting to see if I follow suit :D

Lisa
  15. gabdeb

gabdeb New Member

wasnt really ready before that, too much to do. Im patient with her now. Cant imagine not having a child. I would of had more if the circumstances were right. Rainfryer will do fine, even if you do it without his help. I did. And she is turning out wonderful.
    deb+
  16. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I had my first at 35 and my second at 39. Older moms have more patience and are wiser. We also have already lived life alot and are more content to stay home and raise the child. My boys are wonderful and bring me so much joy. They keep me young. I am now 48 and they are 15 and 10.
  17. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member