How many women here with endometriosis?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cjcookie, Apr 21, 2009.

1. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

I've been doing some research because I just had surgery last Friday and was told I had bunches of endometriosis and may be looking at a hysterectomy. I read that some think it is caused by an auto-immune disorder and that kind of fits with us.

Just curious how many others were suffering from this also.
  2. sweetbeatlvr

sweetbeatlvr New Member

i was diagnosed w/ endometriosis at the age of 17, 33 now.

i've had a couple laparoscopies, and eventually a hysterectomy 2 years ago.

i was diagnosed with fm 2 months after my hysterectomy, although, looking back, i've had it since my early teen years, just not as consistent as now.
  3. ourlife

ourlife New Member

I had endo for years, had two surgeries for it and two for cervical dysplasia (early beginnings of cervical cancer) and finally at 32 had a hysterectomy. I was just diagnosed with FM and CFS this past OCT but sometimes i wonder how long i've really had it.
  4. tandy

tandy New Member

I have both Fibro and Endo.
    There use to be lots of posts here on the 2. I'm not sure if they're still here?
    did you try searching thru old posts?
    If you just had a lap. to remove most of what was found,.. you should get alot of pain relief from that alone. although I'm sure you'll follow w/ some form of birth control to pretty much stop your cycle.
    I was also told that I'd probably need a hysterectomy and one was even sceduled.
    But after much researching I chose NOT to have the surgery.
    I'm so glad I did because last year I had another (my 3rd or 4th??) laproscope to remove endo,and not alot was found. Prior surgerys showed alot of growths which is why the dr. suggested a total Hyster,... & this last time it was'nt that bad. so sometimes it lessens in time.
    I'm aware of woman having hysterectomys for endo and still having endo after.(& pain!!)

It all depends on where the endo is located inside & how good your gyno/dr. is at removing ALL of it. and some is almost invisable,... like powder burn type endo.

Just do your homework & check all your options before deciding on a drastic surgery to remove your parts~ you may be pain free for years.
    Don't get me wrong,..for some a Hysterectomy is the answer. But not for everyone~
    hope this has helped
    DX w/ Fibro about 15 yrs ago
    DX w/Endo about 12 yrs ago