How much and how long,

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shazzy, Apr 16, 2003.

1. Shazzy

Shazzy New Member

I just started co-enzyme Q10.

How much do i need to take a day to feel any benefit and how long before you notice any difference.

shazzy
  2. AC77

AC77 New Member

at least 120mgs to 180mg, or more with food. A few weeks and you should notice.
  3. Shazzy

Shazzy New Member

My come in 30mg and that says mega strenth on it. At £10 for 30 that would be very expensive to consume that much.

shazzy

4. averilpam

averilpam New Member

this happens with so many supplements and natural remedies. The regulations are so tight, they keep the dosages really low so you can't 'overdose' then sue them!!
    I have this problem with Vit B2, I take 400mg a day and can only get 100mg tablets. Thankfully they are fairly cheap.
    I tried Q10 ages ago with no effect. No wonder really if you just take the one or two a day they recommend.
    good luck. Pam
    (ps nice to see someone else from the UK here)
  5. klutzo

klutzo New Member

It is imperative that all FMS patients who also have MVPS (this is 75% of you) take at least 60 mgs. of COQ10 daily. Normal people over age 30 should take 30 mgs. in my opinion. If you have an existing heart condition, the minimum dose is 100, but 300 mgs. is preferred. Dr. Starlanyl thinks FMSers can gain substantial energy by taking 300 mgs. three times per day. You would have to be as wealthy as she is to afford that, but if you had cardiomyopathy it would be worth it, since people have gotten off the heart transplant list by taking that much. Under age 30, you probably make enough COQ10, and don't need a supp. Too much COQ10 will make you shaky, so you'll know if you overdo it. I take 60 mgs. daily, and it really helps stop the palpitations from my MVPS. However, nothing helps MVPS more than drinking a ton of water does.
    What are you trying to get from taking it?
    KLutzo
  6. AC77

AC77 New Member

I think the supplements on here are pretty cheap..though not sure. Mikie said they were, and I trust that opinion.

I find if I take 200mgs CoQ10 i get anxious. You need to take it with a little oil or a meal as it is fat soluble. Vitamin E is supposed to greatly enhance it's uptake.

Trader Joe's offers coQ10 at #90 100mg pills for 29.00 aprox. I find it helps alertness a little but not energy in general.
  7. Shazzy

Shazzy New Member

Well, they say it gives you more energy so thats why i have started taking them.

think i will put it up to 60mg a day but cant afford anymore than that.

shazzy

[ advertisement ]