how much do you sleep??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cristine04, Apr 28, 2003.

1. cristine04

cristine04 New Member

How much do those of you with CFIDS and FM sleep at night? And what about during the day? I sleep for about 9-10 hours per night, waking up 2-4 times but falling right back to sleep. First thing in the AM I feel extremely stiff like many of you, but I walk for 5 minutes and strech to get the kinks out. During the day I take mini naps but never really fall asleep. I force myself to just lay down. Just curious!
  2. debbiem31

debbiem31 New Member

I sleep 9-10 hours a night, waking up several times. So I don't really get a good night's sleep. I have taken a nap every day for almost 2 years (had baby then), which usually last anywhere from 1 to 3 hours. And yet, I still feel tired!!!
  3. vix

vix New Member

When I first got ill,one of the main symptoms was that I could sleep twelve hours straight and still wake up feeling as if I'd been out all night. Now I seem to vary between insomnia( though I still feel exhausted) and sleeping ten to twelve hours. My doctor tried me on several things but they diden't work and in one case made me like a zombie.as for day time Naps I only have them if its a really bad day and my body won't take NO for an answer.

vix
  4. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Usually I sleep 7 or 8 hours at nite. I usually get up several times in the nite to go to bathroom, but on a good night hopefully I`ll fall back asleep.

I have to get my kids up for the bus at 6:30 AM so I`m up early. I always take an afternoon nap when I`m home because I get so tired. I`ll sleep anywhere from a half-hour to 3 hours some days.
  5. kurczr00

kurczr00 New Member

I get about 7-8 hours of sleep a night but it is not a restful deep sleep. I awake numerous times during the night. It's almost like a halfsleep/halfawake state - hard to explain. I'm exhausted and stiff in the morning but after an hour or so of the morning routine, moving around, getting kids ready for school and then going to work - I'm usually ok for most of the day. Then come late afternoon I'm totally exhausted and have to lay down and rest for an hour or so.
  6. lassiecass

lassiecass New Member

Hi Cristine,
    I usually sleep 4 to 7 hours a night. I sometimes wake at around 2 am and get up and read or watch TV. There is nothing fun on at 2 am so I take another benedryl and hope for more shut-eye. I am taking 2 tylenol P.M. and 2 benedryl about an hour before I go to bed. Most nights I fall asleep around 11 and wake sometime during the night. I get up fairly early, around 6 or 7 and feed dog and go to Curves 3 days a week and then to work. Somedays I just drag around and some days I feel energetic, never know when that will happen. I realize the tylenol is not such a great thing but I didn't like the weight gain with the Elavil and Flexeril. Hope this is what you were looking for.
    Soft Hugs,
    Sandy (Cass)
  7. kerrymygirl

kerrymygirl New Member

It had been going on almost 2 wks.,only 45min. to less than 2hrs. So fatugued,no sleep untill today I crashed. Never was much of a sleeper even as child maybe 4-5hrs. I was just fine untill I got meningitis. I used to wonder how people could sleep so much. Also lousy after a nap, if I can.Always was envious of those power nap people. Wake up alot and get that sleep paralysis thing. The pain keeps me up now.
  8. celina

celina New Member

I'm lucky if I get 2 hours of medicated sleep.
    Celina
  9. j9miller

j9miller New Member

I only get 2 hours max a night and when I do I am thrilled to have gotten that. I feel like I waste my whole day though because I lay down in hopes of getting some doze time. I am so tired and in pain that I do little else.

Janine
  10. nancyneptune

nancyneptune New Member

I've had insomnia for 11 months. If I'm lucky I get 3 hours of half-assed sleep a night. Wake up in agony and stay awake all day.
    Had a sleep study done it took me 395 minutes to get to REM. Then it lasted for 15 minutes. Never got one iota of stage 4, deep sleep. I cannot sleep in my bed, it breaks my back and I wake up in the middle of the night unable to turn over because my back is locked up.
    Most of the time I sleep in the recliner. When I sleep. I go for 3 days straight without sleeping. None of the sleep meds the doc prescribed work either.
    I used to be really good at sleeping,I used to joke about it. I said if I could get paid for sleeping I'd be a millionaire. I guess I got all the sleep I need for the rest of my life. ;)
  11. layinglow

layinglow New Member

I have been sleeping 12-13 hours a night for the last few months. I would estimate 1 wake up to go to the potty. Possibly another semi-awake state in the am as family moves through the house.

LL
  12. fibrodoll

fibrodoll New Member

I wake a few times a night and don't always sleep sound. I get up about 3 hrs before I have to be to work.

I get up at 3:30am with my husband, that way I can hug and kiss him goodbye. I usually have to be to work at 7 or 8, so I have time to work the kinks out.

On my days off I always take a nap. I sleep every chance I get. bye for now, Valley.