How much does your cat weigh?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by fivesue, Aug 1, 2007.

1. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I wonder if anyone has a bigger cat than I?

My Felix weighs in at a hefty 25 lbs. We adopted him in 2002, he was under a year old and already weighted 16.5 pounds.

He eats prescription Science Diet reducing food and urinary track food...guess he had trouble with urinary tract infections before we got him.

And, that's it. He doesn't snack or anything.

He is just big.

Our son-in-law calls him four cats rolled into one.Smart alec!

Just wondering what most normal cats weigh. My last cat was 14 lbs. so I have always had good sized cats.

Just wondering...

2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I am able to lift him...he has lots of fur and I guess I'm still strong enough. That's a blessing.

Yeah, cats get lighter as the we? I'm not right now...!

Love them cats!

3. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Okay Sue, he isn't quite the size of your baby, but he does weigh in at 22 pounds. His paws are HUGE!! Our kids friends always screamed when they first saw him! I knew they had gotten a look at ol' Charlie!

Our other cat, Biddie, is around 14 to 16. She is much more dainty! LOL

We adopted him from the local shelter when he was a baby. We've had Biddie, (shelter girl too) for a 1 1/2 years. She is seven as is Charlie.

I think your 'four cats rolled into one' is going to take the cake, or the cat nip, whatever! LOL

Take care Susie!

Love, Kim

4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

How fun to have a big cat! At least, I think so.

Felix has large claws, also, but he's not scary. He's got the sweetest face.

I do know a kid with a bigger cat than Felix. The cat's name is Max (short for Maximus! (-:) and he weigh 30 lbs.

Max is a short-hair cat, so he really doesn't look as big a furry, long-haired Felix.

I'm just wondering about the weight of cats today. Kind of strange, but I love talking about my baby!

Love you, Kim.

Give Big Charley a scratch behind his ear for me.
  5. sisland

sisland New Member

I Know this is about Cats but i just wanted to butt in and tell you that lucky weighs 45 lbs! lololol,,,,,,Hey Felix is cuddler i bet!! More cat to snuggle up to (right?),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Sis
  6. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I wondered where you'd been! Baking cookies?

Wow...Lucky is a lean, mean machine...not like Felix at all.

Felix isn't too much of a cuddler. We have our time in the morning; I drink my coffee and he sits on my lab, but usually he is around but not on. It's nice to cuddle with him, though...has such nice, thick, soft fur.

Give Lucky a treat for me...he needs to bulk up a bit! (-:

7. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

That's a big boy. My old cat, Rosie, was 13 lbs and lived til she was 18, so being fat didn't do her any harm after all. She had such a small head though which made her look a bit funny.

If your kitty is healthy and has a big appetite then so what.

Could you post a photo of him sometime.

8. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

That is a big cat!!!! Maggie weighs about 16 lb. and I can't lift her. She is a calico and a finicky eater! She is an indoor cat so she just gets Purina Indoor.j Then I got her Friskie tuna treats That is just what I happened to pick up.

Well a couple of weeks ago I could only find one tuna so I got tuna/salmon. She turned up her nose at it and would not go near it.She fussed and fussed for tuna so she puddled on the big rug I keep u8nder the litter box and over the carpet. I was ready to take her back to the Humane society!!!!!!

I got it cleaned up and sprayed Febreze all around it and now all is ----except she still begs for ;tuna

Hugs to all the kitties,

9. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Boy, Joan, your cat wants TUNA! 16 lbs. is a a pretty big kitty, acutally. Felix is just the extra-large variety.

Felix is not a beggar; he won't eat anything but his food and sometimes a little bit of milk left in a cereal bowl.But, you know, he never learned to jump. Even when we first got him, we were surprised he didn't jump out of our yard. He can jump on the bed, etc. but that's about it.

Rosie, I really don't know how to post a picture, but I may get my husband to help me. I'd love to share my big baby with all of you. I know I always love the pictures people post of babies, children, pets, themselves, etc.

(Haven't had any where is this games lately. Hummm)

Darkwaters...your cat sounds like me! (-: I have mixed Felix's food half and half; I am more concerned about urinary tract infections than weight.

Fun. Thanks so much for all the stories. It has lifted my spirits today.

Hugs to you and your furbabies.

10. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Gosh, that IS a big cat! Sophie weighs almost ten pounds and she's looking a bit chunky but she's not a large cat.

At the shelter we have one cat that looks more like a small dog. My last two cats both weighed under ten pounds especially as they aged.

11. sisland

sisland New Member

How are you doing? I've been Busy with Kid Visits! (Love it!),,,,,,,going to see my Dad today! Lucky is 10 months old so 45 lbs was the last visit to the vet,,,,,,,Think He weighs 48-50 now!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I hope you and Felix are havin a good day! Some Cats are just bigger than others! Give him a pet for me and tell him he's a Beautiful boy!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,,,,,Sis
    [This Message was Edited on 08/02/2007]
  12. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I don't know how I'd be able to care for little cats, Marta...mine have always been so big. Felix is the biggest,however.

Sis...I'm OK...glad you're enjoying your kids and going to see your dad. Nice memories. Lucky will certainly put on more weight...he's only a baby.

Felix loved the pet...he is a beautiful boy. If I even learn how to post pics, I'll post one of him. Need to have DH show me how to do that.

That's what I always say and thing get in the way.

Anyhow...have a great day, both of you.

13. JLH

JLH New Member

Wow, what a monster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just had my cat to the vet last week for her yearly shots and she weighed in a 8.2 lbs. She had gain 1 full pound from last year. (She is still a young cat.)

I think most of that weight is fur, though! LOL She is a Himalayan and just a big fur ball and so beautiful!!!

14. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Felix makes 3 of her! Tee hee!

Felix has tons of hair, also, but he is mostly CAT FLESH! I just looked over at him and he's eyeing his empty food dish. Poor kitty.

He can hang on a bit. My DH gives him lots of food whereas I just feed him little bits during the day.

Must be getting eager...looked at the dish, looked at me, looking at the dish again.

Ah, feed the cat. OK.

15. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Can you feel his ribs when he's standing? If not, he's overweight.

My Diva just spent over a week here while the bridal couple went to the states and she's a bit on the heavy side but probably only around 5 1/2 pounds.

She's a Napoleon kitty, with legs about 2" tall and should only weigh 4 pounds, full grown. It's very hard on her long spine to be too heavy.

Nancy B
  16. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Gee, Felix makes my poor Mindy look tiny. She is a little over 7 pounds but you would never know it by her pic that is my profile. She was probably 8 pounds in that pic. Mostly fur. LOL

Don't you just love cats. Mindy is my baby.

17. fivesue

fivesue New Member

What a cutie she is! Yes, lots of fur.

My Felix has lots of fur and lots of cat flesh! He is such a sweetie, and yes, I love cats. Especially big, fluffy ones.

Thanks for sharing your Mindy with me. Just love to see everyone's furbabies.