How much Fish Oil do you take?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TwinMa, May 7, 2006.

1. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I'm taking 2 Fish Oil caps per day. One in the morning and one at lunchtime. They are 1000mg caps.

I am wondering how much fish oil others take? Thanks.
  2. usanagirl

usanagirl New Member

I take 4 a day...2AM, 2PM and it includes:
    Fish oil concentrate 2000mg
    Total omega-3 fatty acids 1200mg
    EPA 580mg
    DHA 470mg

Love it!
  3. place

place New Member

My doc said that for joint help you shoud take a combined amount of epa/dha from 2000 to 4000. When I take 2000, I really feel the difference
  4. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Sounds like I'm in a pretty good range with my 2000mg per day dose. Thanks for the input!
  5. jujubug

jujubug New Member

hi..glad to see this on the board cause i just started taking Omega 3 a month ago. the bottle i bought was from a health food store in my area. i didn't see all the different milligrams though. a lady helped me pick a bottle out but it only says 180mg EPA &120mg DHA. ?? i can't find anywhere on it that says anything more. guess i've been taking the wrong amount? this one is with lemon to help with the fishy smell of "burps" . plus, can you give me info on a good suppliment web site to order? these prices for vit and supp. are so expensive. thanks...JuJu
  6. greatgran

greatgran Member

I have tried the Omega 3,6,9 Complex and noticed I get very nauseated..Has anyone else experienced nausea with fish oil??I may try them again..I was taking only one a day. Not sure of the actual dosage as it is all broken down...

greatgran
  7. erfula1

erfula1 New Member

I take 3000mg a day. I haven't noticed any nasuea but you might want to eat something when you take them? Every great once in a while I might have a fish burp (gross) but it isn't often enough to worry me.
  8. jujubug

jujubug New Member

9. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

I take about 1300 a day for high cholesterol. I heard it would help. I just got the best report I've had in a long time. The nurse said my cholesterol is in the normal range.

I take Lipitor too. The Lipitor alone did not bring it down. The only thing I've done differently is take fish oil.

I do believe it helps the old joints too.

Kinsie
    [This Message was Edited on 05/09/2006]
  10. georgianewyork

georgianewyork New Member

I have been taking 2,000 twice a day, liqid Pharmax Fish Oil w/ plant sterols, as prescribed by the Naturopath I have been seeing for the past 6 weeks. No nausea, just not yummy.

Been taking Omega 3 for the past three years as prescribed by Infectious Disease, one of the first supplements recommended along with Coenzyme Q10.

Feel good,
    Georgia