How much Gamma by IV?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by karenwebber, Jul 26, 2003.

1. karenwebber

karenwebber New Member

Hello, I just started on Gamma Globulin and I have a question for those of you who have been on it before.

My first and only dose so far was 10 grams of Gamimune N 10% (Gamma Globulin) by IV. My dr. has me down for doing this every three weeks. It has come to my attention that this is a fairly low dose. I remembe the dr. saying it was a low dose and he'll just start me out on it to see how i do.

Well, I did not notice a single thing after the first dose of 10grams and I now want to increase the dose. I read on this list that someone was taking 30grams every week. I wanted to ask my dr. if I could do this...so my question is..do you think this is the average dose or is it on the high side? I have also heard that you could do 30-40grams every three weeks but I would like to do them every week because of how sick I am Thank you, Karen
  2. hollie9

hollie9 New Member

I've been taking 10 grams (that's usually what size my boxes are), every 2 weeks for about 5 years. It makes me feel better usually, but lately I never really get to as good as I was.

I'd love to hear from someone who takes 30 grams a week. Does it do a lot more that 10 grams?

My doctor says I'm doing the right amount but I've never asked what happens if one does more. It's expensive, wow, 30 grams a week, that's about $1200/week just in the gamma at my prices.

I'd love to hear more...does excess get excreted?

hollie