How much glutathione/undenatured whey?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deliarose, Mar 15, 2006.

1. deliarose

deliarose New Member

For those of you taking glutathione or undenatured whey.. the powder stuff... how much are you taking a day?
    5 grams, 10 grams,??
    Cheers
    Delia
  2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

bumping for a reply
  3. deliarose

deliarose New Member

there's gotta be someone out there taking this stuff, right???
  4. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I use about 2 Tablespoons whey protein mixed in my morning shake.
  5. skierchik

skierchik New Member

You can take it twice a day.

As far as glutathione, I take about 400-450mg of "reduced" glutathione per day, as per my doctor's order. The undenatured whey is a precursor for glutathione, as well as NAC, Garlic (Kyolic), Glycene. He has me on chelated magnesium, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Selenium (Jarrow is best), powdered amino acids, & Ascorbic Acid.

Hope this helps.

skierchik
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

In the can of the undenatured whey and you can take the whole scoop or part of it. Like everything else, it is wise to start out slowly. Put it only in water or milk. Fruit acid will destroy its ability to produce glutathione. I gave some to my Mom's best friend, an elderly lady, who had Shingles. I don't know whether it was the AV or the whey or both, but she recovered from them extremely fast.

I think the undenatured whey is an excellent immune booster.

Love, Mikie
  7. deliarose

deliarose New Member

I have been taking 2 or 3 scoops of ImmunePro a day for a week or so. That amounts to 10 or 15 grams a day.

I hadn't seen any effect, or I should say any DISCERNIBLE effect, so I stepped it up to 4 scoops a day.

But this is a good reminder that I should be patient and do this slowly...

What are the signs of detox, apart from a general over-all feeling of malaise?

Cheers
    Delia