How much is the maximum SSDI payment in MA per month?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by Honora88, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Honora88

Honora88 Member

Hello friends,

I was so depressed this weekend and just learned today that I got approved. I know that I am eligible for the maximum amount of money. I cannot wait to call the office tommorrow to find out especially after all these months of waiting...

Can someone tell me what the maximum is in MA?

Kim
  2. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

...the federal government's program in which case it doesn't matter what state you are in.

If you got SSI, that would vary by state as that is a state run program. I believe the Texas SSI maximum is about $600 per month.

I believe the maximum Federal SSDI is about $2000 per month. Not sure. It all depends on how much you have paid in - as it is based on past salary.

Check your back account - if you chose direct deposit, it may already be in there.

Marti
  3. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

Please understand that doesn't mean you will get that much.

It is based on your pay scale when you worked. My huband gets about $1178. but mine will only be about $800. Men seem to draw more I don't know why, I made more for the most part but will draw less.
  4. soffy

soffy New Member

I live down here in Spf. Ma. and I get DSS benefits is 936.00 a month thru my job this dds, is not thru the state of Ma. So depends which is the one you getting. good luck. atte. soffyy.
  5. mjwarchol

mjwarchol New Member

I get $1387 a month before they take out for Medicare.
  6. soffy

soffy New Member

hello my name is soffy, i get the dds thru my job i get $936.00 per/m but i don't received any social security money because they told me that i need 3 more credits which i don't understand what that is? can someone explain to me please.. and thanks. atte. soffy
  7. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

Three more credits means you almost have enough credits (40) to get SSDI. I would really find more about this. I would try to work those months to get the credits.

One credit is for 3 months of work. One year of working, gets you 4 credits, 10 years gets you 40 credits which is the number you need to qualify for SSDI.

Please do not depend on your company disability. They are notorious for stopping payment. SSDI is more secure.

Please talk to someone at SS office and see how you can qualify for these credits. you are so close.

Marti
  8. labrat

labrat New Member

I just checked my Social Security statement from last year for another SSDI question, and it says that you earn one credit for each $1,050(for the year 2008) of wages or self-employment income that you earn in a year up to 4 credits per year, like Marti said. When you've earned $4200 in a year you earned your four credits for the year.

So you only need to earn $3,150 more to get your three credits and qualify for SSDI. If you are able to work some(even part-time), you might be able to qualify for benefits soon. It would be good to check on this possibility and check with SSA also.

Tracy
  9. soffy

soffy New Member

HELLO MARTI... thanks so much for the information i will call to the ssdi office this coming monday 6/30 i will get some info back to you.. thanks so much ate. soffy
    Well the only thing is that I can't even work part-time because of my chronic fm pain i need my meds so bad every 4-hours which makes me drowzee.[This Message was Edited on 06/29/2008]
  10. kim1amy

kim1amy New Member

What happens if someone hasn't been able to work for years so doesnt have 40 credits? Can you still get state? What options are out there??? Please help I know someone in Arizona
    [This Message was Edited on 06/29/2008]
  11. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

If you don't work to get those last 3 credits for SSDI then you will not qualify for SSDI. That means you will be left counting on state SSI which is usually about $600 a month.

If you are only short the 3 credits then I would talk to your doctor about maybe changing some medication for you that doesn't make you as drowsy so that you can work. Perhaps they can put you on an Extended Release medication so you will have pain coverage that lasts 10-12 hours but doesn't make you as drowsy (Oxycontin, or Morphine ER)
  12. kim1amy

kim1amy New Member

i WILL THX
  13. gidet

gidet New Member

Does this mean if I do not work that the money I get will change next year? How much does medicare cost each month?
    So if I work I could get these points and will the money I get each month change?

Tammy
  14. labrat

labrat New Member

I see from your previous posts that you are already getting SSDI. This is just my experience. I worked some part time (and full time during the trial work period) while on SSDI and my benefit amount didn't change except for the cost of living increase each year. Maybe-I'm just guessing- the amount of money you get per month when you retire will increase if you earn more credits while you are on SSDI.

SS will let you know what the cost is for medicare when you are eligible for it. I think mine was about $88/month, but I didn't take it because I already had health insurance.

Hope this helps with your questions.
    Tracy
    [This Message was Edited on 06/30/2008]
  15. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

If you are already on SSDI then you obviously worked the right amount of credits to qualify for it. I have no idea how they decide how much you get a month, I just know that you need a minimum amount of credits before you qualify for SSDI.
  16. gidet

gidet New Member

Thanks for all of your help
  17. Honora88

Honora88 Member

It took forever to find this out. had the run around with different offices.
  18. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

How can this be? SS is a federal program and therefore should be the same from state to state. It is a program based on how much you paid in and how many credits you have.

The maximum (in my understanding) is $2000 per month - this is a federal number - can't see why the state should make a difference.

amount of credits/age requirements
    http://www.socialsecurityadvice.com/social_security_disability/social_security_benefits.html

Tried to find the maximum federal on the irs.gov site but no luck. I will try to keep looking.

Marti
  19. mylilcherub428

mylilcherub428 New Member

because difdferent states have different minumum wages in mass it's $7 something and in florida it's $5 something. So u need diff amounts to survive state to state and people make diff amounts state to state just a guess-Kim
  20. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

Hi Kim,
    Gee I dont' think so, not for SSDI. I think that is true for SSI.

BUt SSDI is based on how much you paid in. If you made a low wage over the years, you would get a lower payment monthly. If you made a high wage then you would get a higher payment. If you made an obscenely high wage, then you would get the maximum (about $2000 per month).

I will keep looking as it is good to make sure you get all your money. They make mistakes often.

Marti