How much time do you spend here?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Copper2002, May 4, 2003.

1. Copper2002

Copper2002 New Member

Hi ALL,

I find it very difficult to sit at this box for long periods of time. This makes it hard to get through a days posts as they are usually several pages long. How do you do it?

I'm wondering how long most of you spend here, and what tricks you have for being able to stay here longer? Days that I DO hang with it, it takes me several hours to read through the posts. If I reply, that always takes me a real long time too. By the time I'm finished, half the day is gone and I'm exhausted.

Any suggestions for increasing stamina and/or speed? (I want to be MORE of a computer junkie! ;p)

Thanks,
    Copper
    Let Miracles Replace ALL Grievances
  2. danisue22

danisue22 New Member

Hi Copper, I come here everyday sometimes I post but mostly I read and sometimes answer other people's post I come everyday because I've learned so much that I did'nt know when I started coming on the board and I learn where other are in there stuggle with these DD'es.I love it when I read things like HiRiskrn going bowling with her children and sometimes I just read and pray for those having problems.One thing I've learned by coming here is that there are folks here that understand whats going on with you and they do their best to help and comfort when you need it They also try to set you on the right road to helping yourself.There is so much concern for others here and so much important information if you want to use it. Some days I stay long other days only a few minutes but it keeps me connected to a wonderful bunch of people that I would not have in my life otherwise. God Bless. My best to you. Danisue
  3. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

I spend more time than I think. Hours do go by when I expect only to "hop on for a few minutes." The board is so informative, so I keep reading. I post very little compared to what I read. As my parttime job at the hospital requires me to be at a computer eight hours at a click, I do have an adversion to turning the computer on at home.

To find additions to threads I have previously responded to, I do a search using my name, that way I can keep updated on those. Also using the search box, you can research any topic, it is a wonderful tool. As far as muscle fatigue/pain sitting in the one position, fine tune your computer station making sure it is ergonomically correct. This need not be expensive,improvise with objects around the house if you need to. And keep your muscles toned, toned, toned.

Am curious to read other tips.
    Fondly June.

4. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

I spend about 1-1 1/2 hrs daily. Work full-time so I am not on until late night. The first thing I do is go to my profile which shows the list of what I've answered, then click on the ones from the previous day to see what responses were given after I left my message. After reviewing those I "View Posts" and look for things that I need answers to; then look for people who have posted and not had much response in case they need to be bumped or I can respond. I can usually get through a page to a page and a half, I just watch the date on the right and try not to go backwards to previous dates since I've already perused those.

Comfort at the workstation is most important. I have a 3 tier cart next to me which I put a box (for a hard surface)in the top basket, then placed mouse pad and mouse there so I am not having to lift my arm too much. My desk also has a drop down section for the keyboard which means I am typing at an ergonomic level.

Happy computing!
  5. loopyloo

loopyloo New Member

I like to come to the board every day as well as learning a lot there are people who understand you i think ME/CFS is hard to understand if you havent got it, and just to no it is real and people have the same problems and your not going mad, and most of all for support from the loverly people here i spend far longer than i should 3 or 4 hours a day normally till 1am

from Loopyloo xx
  6. jolly

jolly New Member

Who knows how many hours I spend here?! Depends...I do know though that I need to communicate with people that are going through a similar situation, but that's not why I answered..

After reading your bio, I thought you might be interested in this book. My sil walked in with it the other night, and I waylaid it! It's "Harry Oldfield's Invisible Universe" by Jane and Grant Solomon. This guy is an absolute character and has scientifically proven tons of things having to do with healing from crystals and electromagnetic energy. The book includes some kirlian (sp?) photographs..wish there were more. I'm half way through and it's a fabulous book. Thought you might be interested. Jo Ellen
  7. goingslowlycrazy

goingslowlycrazy New Member

I try to look at the board every day - to keep up with everyone...
    Some days I write a lot here, other days just read...depends how foggy the brain is and how good/bad the typing is...
    I feel this board is a lifeline and so full of information and support.
    If you want to increase your time here, try doing your first 'read-through' and then just minimise the site (open another explorer if you want to surf etc) and then just come and go and check up later.
    I tend to sit a bit and then go do something and then come back - short bursts...
    hope this helps
    hugs
    Mary x
  8. Copper2002

Copper2002 New Member

I appreciate the tips you've all shared. I do, already "pad out" my sitting arrangement. I've added foot rests, and armrests, and any other rest one can think of.

Rehab counselor thought I should be able to do 8 hr days here with an ergonmic set up. I like to see her with MY body and give it a go! She'd for sure sing a different tune!

Hey, Jo Ellen, thanks for the book title. I'll look in the library for it.

Thanks, All!
    Copper
    Let Miracles Replace ALL Girevances
  9. jamedw1

jamedw1 New Member

mostly all day, every work day...
    i am definately in information overload...
    but i learn, and that's why i'm here...
    and i've become quite adept at "scanning"... :)
    ed
    p.s. i do some nights and weekends, too...lol...
  10. ozgran

ozgran New Member

sometimes more. I like to come every day as it is too hard to catch up otherwise. I don't consider it time wating as I have learned so much and I have followed suggestions I feel are applicable to me. That way I am starting to feel much better and I KNOW I would not be that way without this board.LOve Ozgran.