How much Vit D should I take?Anyone feel better on it?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ilovepink4, Jun 14, 2008.

1. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

I live in a northern climate...minnesota...and winter starts in Oct. and lasts until sometime in April...we had blizzards in April this year....

I have not been tested...i am assuming I am low in Vit D...what is a good dose to start with?

anyone had good luck with this?
  2. kbak

kbak Member

I don't think it's a good idea to start on high doses of anything. Start low and work your way up. I just use cod liver oil in pill form. I think vit. D is very inportant for everyone. I only take a couple of pills a day. I know some people are using much higher doses of D in a supplement called vit. D3 which is suppose to be the medicinal part of vit D.

I take so many things that I can't say vit. D alone makes me fel great, but there's so much good research on this vit. that I think it's vital to take,

Take care,
  3. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

Thanks kbak....Pink
  4. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

Holy cow! That is alot of Vit D! I better get my blood tested and get serious about this. Here in Northern minnesota, we don't get much sunlight. I am inside all winter.

I doubt my measly 1000iu is going to cut it. But, since there is such a wide range of doses, i better get tested first.

5. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

My tests showed mild Vitamin D deficiency.

I have two good CFS doctors, and they both (independently) recommended I try 5000 iu's per day.

I'm going to work up from a smaller amount though. This is supposed to stimulate the immune system, and I don't like to start killing anything too fast because it makes me sick.