How Much Vitamin C?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rain122865, Dec 17, 2002.

1. Rain122865

Rain122865 New Member

I want to start trying to add vitamins and supplements slowly,starting with the vitamin C. The bottle says 1-500 mg tablet a day? Is that enough or should I increase and if so to what? Also after I am adjusted to the vitamin C what is another one that would be good too add? I can not take a multivitamin they make me sick to my stomach so I am trying to just add one new thing every couple of weeks. Supplements also. But I do have to take Calan SR for MVP and tacahacrdia so I am not sure what mixes with that? Any help would be appreciated, how much and the name. Thanks a lot.
    Rain
  2. sheelanagigs

sheelanagigs New Member

the rule of thumb for Vitamin C is to increase the dosage daily until you get loose bowel movements; then decrease the amount until diarrhea stops and maintain your dosage there. i take 12,000mg daily. i prefer the powdered, buffered vit C.

don't know about any drug interactions; but call a pharmacist--she or he can tell you.

peace
    oonagh
  3. dlizard

dlizard New Member

since I have sjorgen's too.... but I betcha I take somewhere between 1000 to 2000 mg daily.... its ok to overload cause you excrete ( urinate ) the excess out and it won't hurt you..... Good luck!
  4. cls

cls New Member

be careful about chewing the vitamin c. i've read that it is not good for the tooth enamel.