How my SS Dr appt went today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ckball, Apr 16, 2003.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

I waited fours weeks for today and it was over in an less than an hour. I was weighed, measured, had eyes check and breathed into a machine and did the grip test. Then the Dr came in asked me the same questions that I had answered on the 4 page form they sent me earlier. She did the reflex test and made me lay down then took my leg up as far as she could, not how far i could raise it on my own. Then I had to crawl from the table to stand up and bend over to try to touch my toes, I asked without pain? She said just go as far as you can. Walked on my toes, then my heels, I didn't do well at that. After that they sent me to a chiropractor across the way to get xrays of both hands. Then return the xrays back to the SS DR. That was it. I do have RA, FM and asthma so I understand the hand xrays and the breathing test BUT THOSE AREN"T MY REAL PROBLEMS. I listed my number one complaint as fatigue followed by chrnoic hip and back pain, so why didn't they xray my hips? I have a MRI for my back. Now i get to wait for 3-6 weeks again for an answer. They sent me to the state shrink in Jan and diagnosed me with depression, FM, etc. Then I got a letter to go to today's visit. I was so excited when I got the envlope because I was told the decision was in the mail. But the decision was to send me to another Dr. I was so let down. But I won't let them get me, I will die fighting if I have to.

I love this board and I read much more than I post because I am so tired, but it is nice to know I am not alone in this dd. This week alone I foundout others hear jukeboxes in their heads and others have sausage fingers, I have had both these problems for many years.

My visit with my rhemy yesterday went ok. He is sending me to Fibro PT, I will be evaluated to what exercise program suits me. Since I have a streached achilles tendon on one foot and huge bunyon on my right toe that may have to be surgically frozen, I hope it is swimming. Oh no a bathing suit! Between the 6 months of prendisone and a really bad winter i put on 20 pounds, I was already 30 over my ideal. Oh well, it is a heated pool so I'll go for it - do they still make mumus? Thanks for reading and keep the post up, you help more people that you know, Thanks for reading and good health to all.
  2. ForeverFlaring

ForeverFlaring New Member

I will be going to see two of the SSDI docs soon. One for depression and another for a physical. it helps to know what they do and why they do it. On a funny note, when I told my husband I had to go to one of their docs for an exam he told me to stay up all night long and clean the house for a good 3 hours straight(yeah right 3 hours? HA!). That way I would be in a full flare the next day. I think he just wants a break from cleaning and is using this as an excuse :)