How Often Do You Use Your Heating Pad?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, Nov 28, 2006.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Hello all:

I was curious. I am always on a heating pad. I was wondering if i am the only one who keeps it on during a constant basis?

nyrorfan
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Couldn't live without it. Helps soothe my back, especially.

Hope you are doing well. Haven't spoken to you in a while now...you know how life gets.

Hugs,
    Sue
  3. gkrrt

gkrrt New Member

I use mine all thie time, I sleep with it and I sit on it when I sit down at home. Could not live without it, I have gone through so many I cant count. Does anybody know what the best kind is out there?
  4. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I have a microwavable one for work, a plug in for the car and an electric one for home. Need all 3 of them every day.

Regards,
  5. charlenef

charlenef New Member

all the time it is on all day long my back has red patches all over it. one day the dr looked at my back and asked what happened? when i told her i lay on a heading pad all day she couldnt beleive it. charlene
  6. mary124

mary124 New Member

I do too! I have 2 - one at work which is usually on (keep it on my bladder (I have IC); and the other at home. Where do you get one to plug in to the car?
  7. IowaMorningGlory

IowaMorningGlory New Member

To get to my shoulder blades and my back at the same time I take my electric throw and drap it over the back of my rocker. It is perfectly straight and I am not sitting on it.

It keeps my shoulder blades and back heated. Even my husband has tried it and it works great. It covers more area this way.

Take care and kitten hugs,
    Blessed Be,
    Laurie
  8. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I use my heating pad around the clock, as well. From bed to couch to chair and if I go to visit someone, I bring it along. I have one that plugs into the car (cigarette lighter). I bought it at Walmart. God bless, Theresa
  9. singingirl

singingirl New Member

I use mine at home, work, car etc.
  10. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I love my heating pads. The minute I sit down, etc., I have one of two of them going!

Just got another Sunbeam, Nyro! LOL As usual one of them went bad! LOL

Take care,

Kim
  11. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

My heating pad and I are total companions .. the one complaint I have is that they curl up their toes way too soon .. and I'm off to Wal*Mart to get another one along with their gel packs I keep in the freezer all the time for my burning neck .. sigh !
    I have no idea what I would do without these two comforting sanity savers !!
    Joy : )
  12. RedHeadEMT

RedHeadEMT New Member

My heating pad should be surgically stitched to my body! :O) I have it on low to med-low almost all of the time.

-K
  13. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

I use one a lot. It does help my lower back and helps me to stay warm.

Just make sure you don't burn yourself. My back pain has been so bad at times that I didn't even feel it when I got second degree burns from the heating pad.

Please be careful.
    Hugs,
    Tigger
  14. TallMOM

TallMOM New Member

I all so keep a big supply of the heat patches. They are great for a trip to church, see a movie, and sitting at the doctors office.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/29/2006]