How old do these ilnesses make you feel?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mai, Apr 26, 2006.

1. mai

mai New Member

Hi Y'all!
    I am 55 but feel as though I'm at least 90! (I know it's a great generalisation, but I think you know what I'm saying)

Love & Peace To All Mai Xxx :)
  2. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I do feel real old on my bad days.Im 53 ,on my good days I still dont feel my age .I cant do anything.
    Sue
  3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I'm 54 and live in a senior mobile home park, and most of the people here, many of whom are in their 70's and 80's, do better than me. I see them out walking and feel rather embarrassed because I hardly ever get out, and never to walk. Always have to take my car.

aaarrrrghhhhh!

Mary
  4. suzette1954

suzette1954 New Member

Its awful isnt it!!

Suzette
  5. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

I'm 52 and most of the time feel more like 82. My 85 year old mother gets around almost as well as I do. And she had a quadruple bypass!
  6. sisland

sisland New Member

It's really sad when your mind and your body feel different ages!! if you know what i mean!!
  7. suz9601

suz9601 Member

I'm 28 and feel like I am near death..like I am 100 years old. Its so sad what these DD do to us..
  8. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

Since that is the age of my FIL and he tries to console me at timesLOL.He whispers to my husband when I've had a bad day even though I didn't say anything.He has neuropathy too in both legs so we have so much in common.He offers me his cane when I take him to the Drs. because it's down several steps and sometimes the knees don't want to work.We're a pair I tell you.It's so sad but true so I have to laugh.What else can I do?
  9. sisland

sisland New Member

HI

cute story!! My Dad had a stroke many years ago and has a lame right leg and hand! but still walks without a cane (if you can imagine) so when we are walking togeather it's kind of commicial too!!..............................Doesn't it amaze you what some older folks go through and still they keep on going??............................................sydney
  10. kaiasmom

kaiasmom New Member

I'm only 26, but I feel about 85. In fact, my husband's 82 year old grandmother feels way better than I do! It is a little embarassing.

Leanne
  11. code34me

code34me New Member

but feel so much older than that! I have a 3 year old son and a 13 year old daughter. I am thinking OMG when I take my son to kindergarden they are going to think I am his grandma and the other moms are going to be so young, bubbly and all chit chatty! I am going to be like bye I am going home to take a nap now! LOL!

Take care of you! Codey

P.S. FM/CFS person here.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/27/2006]
  12. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

So you know what I'm talking about.Dad came to live with us in Jan. around the same time as my DX and maybe there was a reason.He has probably kept me going.If I didn't have to care for him and keep him active I think I'ld have curled up in bed all day but if he can get around then it motivates me to do as much as I can even if it's not always as much as him even.
  13. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I'm only 46, but I walk like I'm...well, old! I even have handicapped plates on my car. People see me pull up and I'll get a dirty look until I get out of the car. Then they look kinda of embarrassed. LOL

Sometimes I use a cane also. An 85 year old friend gave me hers. LOL I cracked up, but now she uses a walker. I hope she doesn't give me that! LOL

Gotta keep a sense of humor about it.

God Bless.
  14. kholmes

kholmes New Member

but I feel like I'm in the geriatric years. I'm envious when I see old grandpas twice my age out for a walk in the park. To go to the park, I need a wheelchair!
    Kholmes
  15. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

Accourding to my Mom { since she is the one who birthed me and would know when I was born} I am 50 years old. Although It upsets me that my mother gets around , has a job, can get up off the ground, and walks more than me. And she is 78 and has several things wrong with her,she has had blood clots in her lungs, uoknown bleeding . She is on coumidin and pregnzone and other meds and still she feels better than I do most days, she is able to work for 4 hours a day and I have been told NO more working for you.

So I guess that I feel most days around 79+ and on bad days I am really OLD 100 I would say.
    Rosemarie
  16. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I haven't been here much lately...so don't think that we have met. But, just in case we haven't.....Greetings!

Well, I have thought about this. I am 54 this October...and I don't know how old a 54 year old person is suppose to feel like, but, I never dreamed that I would feel this bad at this age!

I see women in their 70's and 80's doing things that I can't do! This drives me batty!! I have always loved to be active, and that is the worst part....I guess.

Mari
  17. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

I'm 54 too but feel well over 100.
  18. kriket

kriket New Member

what my grandmother says she feels like. She is 89. I am 28.

Kriket
  19. nanarose

nanarose New Member

this is my 1st day on the message board, and i feel old, too. i'm 44, but feel at least 74. and my mom is only 64, but she's 100 x's more active than me. she works 2 jobs, about 60 hrs. a week, and i had to quit work 10mos. ago., i used to work 2 jobs too. i can't even pick up my 3yr old granddaughter, and barely can pick up my 1yr old grandbaby. that sucks more than anything! trying to stay upbeat. wish it wasn't so hard to handle!
    but glad to see others that i can relate too! [This Message was Edited on 04/27/2006]
  20. gerrijohnson315

gerrijohnson315 New Member

I am 35 and it discourages me that my 75 year old Grandmother walks faster then I do sometimes. She walks 3 miles everyday and I have days I am lucky to walk to my car. It is very frustrating to have been a very active person, with 12 & 14 yr old boys, who are involved in sports & theater. I used to be out on the field with them, but now I can't. It's amazing how this disease messes with your mind just as much as your body.
    Gerri