How predictable..the ex called about.......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by risinforce, Dec 30, 2005.

1. risinforce

risinforce New Member

So I'm running errands around 10:00 and the cel phone rings and it's him. I contemplate not answering but do. He's all cheery, How are you? What are you doing? Then here it comes.... Have you heard if so and so is having a party for New Years? Is anything going on??? I said nope. Truth!
    Then it's "well what are you doing?" so I told him that we plan to see King Kong, run to Toys R Us to use Gift Card and hang out Sat night.

Of course, boring snoresville to him. He then goes into how he's off work and is going for a dirt bike ride blah blah blah. That was it.

I hung up the phone and laughed. So very predictable. Just called to find out about parties. I'd bet $100.00 that he asks tomorrow if he can come over tomorrow night. He'll call around 4:00ish. Anyone up for the bet??? I wouldn't take it either because I'll win.

Moving on, so moving on. Just had to tell you. That's the last thing I'll say about it (hopefully) unless there's drama. Otherwise it's just horse crap.

Happy New Years to all.
    Shawn

P.S. Where do you go to meet nice men? I only work and go home.
  2. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

Just say no if he calls tomorrow. Say you've been looking forward to you and your child, maybe it will teach him!
  3. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

If he's not coming for you guys, what's the use? it will just cause tension on new year's, it's better to have a relaxed evening with your little one (s?). I will be home too with my 2 cuties. That's life, that's parenthood, I'm fine with it. Too darn fatigued to be any "fun" for someone else anyway. I'll be woken up by the howls outside by midnight, then I'll stick out my face and look at it all! Happy New Years to us!

Lena
  4. risinforce

risinforce New Member

It's been years since I've partied til midnight. I don't miss it either. I love being a parent (most of the time). Only when there good Just kidding.

We'll be out by 9:00 like usual but Cody and I will be snuggled up watching spongebob or something lovin life.

have a good one.
  5. JLH

JLH New Member

Yeah, if he calls tomorrow "just say no" -- like the drug slogan!!! You're soooo sorry, but you and your son were looking forward to celebrating all by yourselves!

You will meet a nice man probably when you quit looking and least expect it!

Hope you and your son enjoy King Kong and picking out something at Toys R Us!!! Then, after midnight, go outside and bang some pots and pans together, hug each other "Happy New Year", and crawl into bed!! Maybe you might want to "imagine" that your ex's head is between those pans you are banging together!!!!! LOL

Hugs,
    Janet

6. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Janet, you made me giggle!!
  7. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

I just had to tell you.So you told him what your plans are.I wouln't answer that phone if he called tommorow.I wouldn't give him the satisfaction.One thing I learned a few years ago is the phone is a wonderful tool but it was for me to decide wheather to take a call or not. It is so freeing to let it ring and not feel so obligated to answer.Think about it ....did he volunteer any information about his plans.Do you know where he will be?....I often pray to be a wise woman with understanding. Take care of you first and that little man. Best wishes.
  8. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member