how should fish oil be stored?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by asvyper, Aug 16, 2005.

1. asvyper

asvyper New Member

i'm taking omega 3 caps and i ws wondering if they should be stored in the fridge or nt? it doesn't say on the bottle but i have read somewhere that they should be in the fridge. anyone who is taking them know what you should do? thanks.
  2. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Hi,
    I was told to store mine in the fridge.

Terry
  3. pepper

pepper New Member

might as well have been sent to Siberia. I never remember to take anything once it disappears into the fridge. Any tricks on remembering to take them?

Pepper
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

I really never throught about it!

I take them, and since I buy them off the shelf (unrefrigerated) at Wal-Mart, I have just always keep them unrefrigerated with my other meds.

I'll have to check out the fine print on my bottle tomorrow morning!

Thanks for bringing this up!

Take care,
    Janet
  5. Risk

Risk New Member

Hi I use the Nature's Made brand Fish Oil Capsules. It says store in a cool, dry place. The refrig. is certainly cool, but not dry. I've read varying postings online, some say yes to store refrigerated and others say just to keep out of heat. There is an 800# on the bottle, so perhaps I'll give them a ring tomorrow. I do know that if you use the actual oil and not the capsules, that it has to be refrigerated. Don't know how anyone could take the oil straight. Yuck!

Rene
    [This Message was Edited on 08/18/2005]