How soon til you feel dieoff on Cowden?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by LISALOO, Oct 5, 2008.

1. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

I have a non CDC positive but possible pos lyme test through Igenix, i had a couple of bands positive. I'm on day 9 on the Cowden protocol and up to 18 drops 2x's daily of Cumanda.

So far, no die-off. No change in symptoms. Is this normal? Do I even have Lyme or was it a false positive? I had a double pos on one of the Lyme bands, IND on several others.

I've had it with this disease. Four years and I'm at the end of my life rope.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/05/2008]
  2. lpn9999

lpn9999 New Member

Just to throw out another datapoint: my daughter didn't start herxing until three weeks into taking minocycline and plaquinil (sp?).

I don't know anything about your protocol - would you mind sharing what it is? It sounds interesting.

Thanks,

Lisa
  3. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

Thanks for your answers, I will continue the course. I couldn't do the antibiotics because I had yeast infections that wouldn't go away no matter what antifungals I took.

My Igenex IGM results:
    34 IND
    39 ++
    41 IND
    66 +

IGG results:
    41 IND
    58 ++

So I don't know if this is enough to really show I have Lyme.

COWDEN (L) PROTOCOL By Wm. Lee Cowden, MD

Twice daily 30 min. before breakfast and supper take 30 drops of CUMANDA (start with one drop twice daily slowly increasing the dose until reaching 30 drops twice daily)
    together with 15 drops of TRACE MINERALS-RELAX, 10 drops of PARSLEY DETOX and 1 capsule of SERRAPEPTASE

Twice daily immediately after breakfast and supper take 20 drops of ADRENAL SUPPORT together with 11 drops of BURBUR DETOX and 2-6 capsules of MAGNESIUM MALATE (only if kidney failure is not present) starting with 2 capsules
    twice daily increasing the dose until moving bowels at least 2 times a day.

On Day 18 of the protocol add the following
    At bedtime take 20 drops of SAMENTO together with 10 drops of PARSLEY DETOX, 15 drops of TRACE MINERALS-RELAX and 10 drops of AMANTILLA

After two months on full dose of Cumanda, start taking QUINA in place of Cumanda. Then, alternate between Cumanda and Quina every two weeks for 4 months (some patients require only 2 months of rotating therapy, but it may be more prudent to rotate for 4 months). Take Cumanda for 12 ½ days stopping for 36 hours then, continue withthe Quina for 12 ½ days, stopping for 36 hours. Then, restart with Cumanda for 12 ½ days, etc. Most patients with chronic, third stage Lyme Disease require four to six months of alternating treatment but never less than two months.
  4. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

Thanks, that was a really interesting article.
  5. brainfoggy

brainfoggy New Member

Hi Lisa

Ive been on 3 abx for 3 months for lyme my current doc wanted me to stop abx and go on Cowden because of the yeast issues so I moved on. I'm nowhere near the end of abx, this new doc I saw, who is one of the best in the country, has told me I will need abx for 15 months. Chronic lyme needs to be treated aggresively with abx. You also really need to see if you have any co-infections, I have 5.

I have major yeast problems, my gut is a wreck, and am only on natural antifungals but am going on nystatin and then pulsing diflucan. If you can somehow get the anti-yeast meds and naturals like wild oregano oil, garlic, caprylic acid, acidophilus, you may be able to get on abx. The abx are pretty important in knocking back the bacteria. I think the herbals work, but my understanding is that they should be incorporated in the end of treatment. Plus cowden is expensive to try and not have results.

6. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

There is no way I will ever be able to go on anti's. I tried diflucan and every natural antifungal and one day on an antibiotic, I've got yeast.

I even prepared for the anti's by doing antifungals for a couple of months before.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/08/2008]